Houston Area Wayalife-ers!

what ever happened with this guy after he got back from JKX Alaska? did he finally pay his vendors? I dont know who he is, but he is still on my shit list... unless he went out of his way to make things right. :idontknow:

I saw a picture on Facebook of him having tacos with Mel in SoCal recently. I really think "Fun" takes precedence over business with that guy. And after hearing Christian tell me that he's had to fix a bunch of jeeps that originally had suspension work done at Tactical, I'm not sure I would give that guy my business.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
what ever happened with this guy after he got back from JKX Alaska? did he finally pay his vendors? I dont know who he is, but he is still on my shit list... unless he went out of his way to make things right. :idontknow:

Not entirely sure. I know he was helping Mel out in the pits at one of the races after JKX. :idontknow:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I really think "Fun" takes precedence over business with that guy. And after hearing Christian tell me that he's had to fix a bunch of jeeps that originally had suspension work done at Tactical, I'm not sure I would give that guy my business.

^ That says it all...

@Chrismendoza10 - Scratch Tactical and hit up Jeep Slop Shop in Kemah if you heading south! :thumb:

Last edited:

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
And after hearing Christian tell me that he's had to fix a bunch of jeeps that originally had suspension work done at Tactical, I'm not sure I would give that guy my business.

Its funny you say that, ive actually heard the opposite from him saying hes had to do the same. And that different parts were switched from what was originally in the kit. BUT. He never mentioned any names. So im not sure whos right in all this

Its funny you say that, ive actually heard the opposite from him saying hes had to do the same. And that different parts were switched from what was originally in the kit. BUT. He never mentioned any names. So im not sure whos right in all this

Yea I'm not sure. No way to really know anything except for the things we hear. Of course I'm partial to JSS because I started my build with those guys and everything has been spot on. Christian did tell me he had to go to court on behalf of a jeep owner for the work that Tactical did and JSS had fixed, and Tactical had to pay up. Could have just been one sour job. Who knows lol

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Yea I'm not sure. No way to really know anything except for the things we hear. Of course I'm partial to JSS because I started my build with those guys and everything has been spot on. Christian did tell me he had to go to court on behalf of a jeep owner for the work that Tactical did and JSS had fixed, and Tactical had to pay up. Could have just been one sour job. Who knows lol

Thats crazy man.. thats why I try to work on my own stuff as much as i can to avoid any of that :shrug:

Jeep slop shop is only going to charge $240 For c-gussets weld. Might as well have them check.my suspension system as well. When would you guys recommend changing ball joints, I have about 55k on jeep??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Jeep slop shop is only going to charge $240 For c-gussets weld. Might as well have them check.my suspension system as well. When would you guys recommend changing ball joints, I have about 55k on jeep??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Imo dont bother asking them to check your suspension out. When i had DW they couldnt figure out what it was and still charged me an hour or 2 of labor.
On another note, your supposed to check to see how much play you have on the ball joints. One damn near definite way of knowing is if you get death wobble and its not a loose track bar bolt, then its more than likely the BJ.

Kyle7R

Anybody on here have a utility trailer they'd like to loan out for a day or two?

Looks like this Colorado thing is panning out and we'll be moving some furniture to my mother in laws, some to donation and probably a storage unit for some of our bigger items we won't be taking with us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom