How cold have you seen?

Rocksalt

Up at my cabin in Northern Minnesota over the holidays.. left my bourbon outside for the night...actual temp was minus 24... 80 proof bourbon froze...any fellow jeepers experience the cold?
IMG_0791.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Damn, now that's cold! I don't think it's gotten below zero this year for us. I have been in below zero temps before but I don't think that low :crazyeyes:

Rocksalt

this was no wind chill.. have been there when the actual temp was minus 42 again no windchill.. but was surprised that my 80 proof bourbon froze up in its upright position overnight.. so I turned it on its side for the pic. had my jeep plugged in overnight with block heater.. started right up

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Coldest I've experienced was Winter of '95. We had 10 days where we never got close to zero. We had temps in the mid -20s overnight, daytime highs of -10. Had a stickshift at the time and it was stiff. Wife had a diesel rabbit that wouldn't start unless we plugged it in an hour before in the morning. Even took the extension with her and parked near the loading docks at work during the day.

I've always found it ironic that I've spent time in Iceland, also been to Norway above the Arctic Circle, and was nowhere near as cold.

Now, this year, we're mid-January and enjoying mid-40s. Supposed to hit 50F Saturday. Nuts. 3 years ago, we had coldest Winter on record (overall, not specific temps).

WJCO

Meme King
-20 for me. Backpacking too. Could feel the windchill cut through every layer when I got up on a ridge.

Rocksalt

Coldest I've experienced was Winter of '95. We had 10 days where we never got close to zero. We had temps in the mid -20s overnight, daytime highs of -10. Had a stickshift at the time and it was stiff. Wife had a diesel rabbit that wouldn't start unless we plugged it in an hour before in the morning. Even took the extension with her and parked near the loading docks at work during the day.

I've always found it ironic that I've spent time in Iceland, also been to Norway above the Arctic Circle, and was nowhere near as cold.

Now, this year, we're mid-January and enjoying mid-40s. Supposed to hit 50F Saturday. Nuts. 3 years ago, we had coldest Winter on record (overall, not specific temps).

crazy indeed

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Can't top some of the above but in Kansas a couple weeks ago I left work one morning and it was -3 with no wind chill, not a big fan of temps below freezing.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
Up at my cabin in Northern Minnesota over the holidays.. left my bourbon outside for the night...actual temp was minus 24... 80 proof bourbon froze...any fellow jeepers experience the cold?
View attachment 239639

I think your son had been enjoying a few sips of your bourbon and replacing it with water so you wouldn't notice...not that I ever did that when I was a kid...

It was pretty cool this morning here...68 degrees...I had to put on longer than normal board shorts...

Eugene

We saw a low of 52°F during the winter of '08. That was harsh. Nobody could really leave the house in those conditions.

Top Bottom