I think I screwed up!

gleno99

I wanted to save money so I traded in my jeep last week! I had a lot of equity in the jeep so I was able to trade for a new Honda Accord plus a little cash and I own it out right. BUT DAMN, I miss my jeep. My daughter will be driving in a few years. I'm planning to give it to her and I'll get another jeep. My daughter was even giving me a hard time. She said, "you sold your jeep and bought an ugly car". Kinda funny. I'll get another one day. Thanks, just wanted to rant.

jeeeep

Hooked
I wanted to save money so I traded in my jeep last week! I had a lot of equity in the jeep so I was able to trade for a new Honda Accord plus a little cash and I own it out right. BUT DAMN, I miss my jeep. My daughter will be driving in a few years. I'm planning to give it to her and I'll get another jeep. My daughter was even giving me a hard time. She said, "you sold your jeep and bought an ugly car". Kinda funny. I'll get another one day. Thanks, just wanted to rant.

you did screw up! you should've just bought another jeep and left it stock for better gas mileage lol :doh:

BradsTj

You could have just gotten a old car to use if gas was a issue. I don't know, me personally I can't see myself ever parting with my Jeep... But hey what's done is done.

BDSJEEP

Nah... don't look at it as screwing up... just going backwards.

...heck, even when rock crawling, one sometimes finds himself on a bad line and has to reverse to get a better course.

You're just backing up right now.:cheesy:

:eek: HOLY SHIT that sounded deep! :crazyeyes::thinking::icon_crazy:

gleno99

Nah... don't look at it as screwing up... just going backwards.

...heck, even when rock crawling, one sometimes finds himself on a bad line and has to reverse to get a better course.

You're just backing up right now.:cheesy:

:eek: HOLY SHIT that sounded deep! :crazyeyes::thinking::icon_crazy:

That's good! If there is a plus. I'm saving about $600 a month!

hogtyed

Yep! :doh: you screwed-up bad. I sold my 86 CJ-7 back in 1993, it took me until 2012 to get my JK. Nineteen years was a long time my friend. :doh:

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Yep! :doh: you screwed-up bad. I sold my 86 CJ-7 back in 1993, it took me until 2012 to get my JK. Nineteen years was a long time my friend. :doh:

Been there, done that! Sold my '66CJ and bought a used '67 Vette. The Vette was a very nice car but every weekend when my buddies hit the trail I had to hitch a ride or sit around hating life. You'll be back!:yup:

You made the right move! $7,200 a year is epic savings especially if you don't use the jeep.

You traded it for a reason. Just stick to your plan and you'll be in another one sooner than later.

thardy

Banned
No screw up there! Just start setting aside the saved money and when your daughter turns 16 you'll be able to buy your new Jeep!

holliewood61

I hate to say it, but you screwed the pooch. Your daughter would of been perfectly happy with your jeep when she became old enough to drive, and it would of given you a fantastic reason to buy yourself a new one at that point. Now you have a Honda. Thats next to walking in my book.

Templar

A lot of us have done the same thing and felt guilty, but it may work out for the best. When you go to get a new one there may be something added that year that you really like. I was bummed when I sold my built up 08, but after a few years of regret, and now having a 2015 I am glad I did it. I like the 2015 so much more and I am building it so much better. So hang in there, keep up on things and live vicariously through Wayalife and maybe in the long run you will be even happier.

There really is nothing like owning a Jeep Wrangler...

MTG

Caught the Bug
Some poor financial advice above. You wanted to save money and did what you needed to do. Not sure how that can be considered a bad decision. I would have bought a used Honda and saved even more though. ;)

You just keep doing you, and whats best for your family. The jeep will surface again when the time is right.

Godspeed409

I sold my 2010 2 door sport for family and financial reasons and drove a Hyundai Elantra for a few years. I hated regretted/hated it but it was necessary at the time.

Looking back I did what I had to do. If you miss your Jeep you will get another soon enough. Recently picked up a 2015 JKUR and absolutely love it.

Situations are always changing. No Ragrets! :rock:

Suprchrgd_rubi

I bought my first jeep in July and I absolutely love driving it, can't wait to start the mods, of course I have a list but also some hard decisions mainly wheel choice

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Sucks you sold the Jeep, but you have to do what works for you and your family. Aint nobody on here paying your bills but you. If its what you want, another Jeep will make its way back in your driveway someday.

Top Bottom