In The Shop - Disciple Off Road

Been a fun week and was even called a “hack” for posting up about the ball joint deletes haha (not on here)

Had fun working on this TJ installing a high steer kit eliminating the y-link and moving the stabilizer using some PSC tabs I had.

View attachment 383575

Excited to hit the road for the New Years kick off run! Got some much needed last minute maintenance done on our Jeep. New rear brake pads and passenger axle shaft. Bent the flange so no more annoying squeaks. Also put on new unit bearings, rod ends and of course fluids.

View attachment 383576

Nice work. The TJ front end looks great. There’s something so satisfying seeing a perfectly parallel drag link and tie rod replace that awkward Y-Link setup... it soothes me😆

LOL - Your customer asked to have the ball joint deletes removed and replaced because of the problems they were experiencing but somehow, you're the "hack". Gotta love fanboys (y)
Yup. And I should note that after installing the Dynatracs, the Jeep drove amazing and took out all of the steering issues we were having. No other changes like caster or anything were made. Oh, and the loud squeaking noise while turning was also gone.

Nice work. The TJ front end looks great. There’s something so satisfying seeing a perfectly parallel drag link and tie rod replace that awkward Y-Link setup... it soothes me😆
For sure and thank you. I'd prefer the track bar to be raised up as well but customer didn't want to do that as of now.

How many fanboys do you think ran out to check their joints after his post? Lol
Not sure but I will say I had a flood of people message me asking about them. So hopefully I was able to "steer" some people in the right direction 😉

Last edited:

benatc1

Hooked
Yup. And I should note that after installing the Dynatracs, the Jeep drove amazing and took out all of the steering issues we were having. No other changes like castor or anything were made. Oh, and the loud squeaking noise while turning was also gone.

For sure and thank you. I'd prefer the track bar to be raised up as well but customer didn't want to do that as of now.
I’m sure they’ll tell you that you installed the deletes incorrectly lol

Hope everyone had a great week and weekend! It's been a fun and busy week working on some fun projects.

We started on this JL Diesel doing EVO coilovers, bumpers, Rockslide Engineering steps, beadlocks, 37" Nittos and more. Looking forward to seeing this one take shape.

Photo Jan 15 2023, 6 18 04 PM (1).jpg

The other JL Diesel is getting the EVO long arm added to his already installed suspension along with the new Rockjock High steer components, sliders and some other upgrades.

NOTE: If you have a Diesel or 392, make sure you order this specific kit (part# EVO-3010D) as they are different from the 3.6

Photo Jan 15 2023, 6 17 13 PM.jpg
Photo Jan 14 2023, 2 25 21 PM.jpg

Photo Jan 15 2023, 6 19 35 PM.jpg
The RockJock PSC bracket wasn't really designed to work with an axle truss but we were able to make it work with some slight modifications. Think it tied in really well with the truss and actually gave us more welding surfaces.

Photo Jan 15 2023, 6 19 06 PM.jpg
Photo Jan 15 2023, 6 18 56 PM.jpg
Also had the fun job of swapping out a 3.6 oil cooler and changed out the spark plugs while we were there. This is with the new oil cooler installed along with the lower intake manifold.

Photo Jan 15 2023, 2 37 59 PM.jpg

Jackboeker83

Hope everyone had a great week and weekend! It's been a fun and busy week working on some fun projects.

We started on this JL Diesel doing EVO coilovers, bumpers, Rockslide Engineering steps, beadlocks, 37" Nittos and more. Looking forward to seeing this one take shape.

The other JL Diesel is getting the EVO long arm added to his already installed suspension along with the new Rockjock High steer components, sliders and some other upgrades.

NOTE: If you have a Diesel or 392, make sure you order this specific kit (part# EVO-3010D) as they are different from the 3.6
The RockJock PSC bracket wasn't really designed to work with an axle truss but we were able to make it work with some slight modifications. Think it tied in really well with the truss and actually gave us more welding surfaces.

Also had the fun job of swapping out a 3.6 oil cooler and changed out the spark plugs while we were there. This is with the new oil cooler installed along with the lower intake manifold.

I just ordered my coilovers, long arm kit and dynatrac 60s for my diesel. Can’t wait until they arrive.

Nice job man, those welds look awesome. 😳

I just ordered my coilovers, long arm kit and dynatrac 60s for my diesel. Can’t wait until they arrive.
Congrats! Look forward to seeing some pics!
Nice job man, those welds look awesome. 😳
Thank you. I can’t take credit though, one of the guys, John, handles all the welding. I can weld pretty good but leave the important stuff to him.

Finally got some new upgrades for our own Jeep!

3D1AD12F-7909-4D67-B3D9-4F87D2E09407.jpeg

I’ve had the JCR half doors for quite some time and they tech work as a good trail door but lack in some areas. They don’t have inner panels or seals so no storage areas and wind/water gets in super easy. They also don’t have any reinforcement on the inner side of the door allowing them to flex a ton with uppers during normal driving. Lastly, they don’t have any provisions for mirrors.

Excited to get these new Rugged Ridge doors painted with some updated graphics 😎

View attachment 384074

I’ve had the JCR half doors for quite some time and they tech work as a good trail door but lack in some areas. They don’t have inner panels or seals so no storage areas and wind/water gets in super easy. They also don’t have any reinforcement on the inner side of the door allowing them to flex a ton with uppers during normal driving. Lastly, they don’t have any provisions for mirrors.

Excited to get these new Rugged Ridge doors painted with some updated graphics 😎
Woah! That's gonna look sweet man!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

View attachment 384074

Nice! Welcome to 2018 also.

Top Bottom