Is the new full float axles for the 24 wrangler still going to be 5 on 5?

jeeeep

Hooked
I remember hearing that for full float the smallest needed was 5 on 5.5. I might be wrong on this. Looks like the Bronco competition has done us Jeepers some good...

depends on the quality of the axle and if it's available on any non-4xe option.

If it's like their beefier track bar, tie rod, drag link, aluminum steering box (ok, that one was done for weight), pass.

I overpaid for my 2018 because I justified the "beefier" parts savings and was wrong.

waynem

Apparently anything "Rubicon" will have the new full float axle. The "Rubicon X" comes with the new 12.3" touchscreen, power seats, and the Xtreme 35 package. Remains to be seen just how expensive the new toys are how much of it translates over to Gladiators.

Jackboeker83

Apparently anything "Rubicon" will have the new full float axle. The "Rubicon X" comes with the new 12.3" touchscreen, power seats, and the Xtreme 35 package. Remains to be seen just how expensive the new toys are how much of it translates over to Gladiators.
I have heard that every trim level will come with the 12.3" touchscreen. It wont have every function at the lowest trim lvl. The key takeaway to the touchscreen is wireless apple car play. HUGE! Now the trick will be to retrofit it to 23 and below.

jorgelrod

Hooked
I have heard that every trim level will come with the 12.3" touchscreen. It wont have every function at the lowest trim lvl. The key takeaway to the touchscreen is wireless apple car play. HUGE! Now the trick will be to retrofit it to 23 and below.
That will be interesting, I keep hearing conflicting information, some say that the uconnect 5 will plug right up and others that the harnesses are completely different.

Except the 392 apparently. Unless I read it wrong or it’s just to early to know for sure.

jeeeep

Hooked
if you're on the fence, you may want to get that new jeep before the brand goes 100% EV:

By the end of 2025, the entire North America Jeep brand lineup will be electrified

jeeeep

Hooked
The lineup going electrified and going full EV are two different sayings imo. The lineup being electrified means to me that every model will have a 4xe option
according to the Jeep reps, it means the entire lineup will be a hybrid and by 2033 move towards 100% EV

I've been searching the Jeep website FAQ's:
By 2025 the Jeep® Brand plans to offer 4xe plug-in hybrid technology on all models, ushering in a new era of efficiency and capability. 

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
according to the Jeep reps, it means the entire lineup will be a hybrid and by 2033 move towards 100% EV

I've been searching the Jeep website FAQ's:
By 2025 the Jeep® Brand plans to offer 4xe plug-in hybrid technology on all models, ushering in a new era of efficiency and capability. 
This sounds about right to me. Sucks to no end but accurate.

TheGrendel

I’m pretty excited about this full float 44. I’m likely to sell my 1 ton JKU soon. With young kids and building a business, I don’t have the time to wheel as often as I like and use this Jeep to its full potential.

been thinking of getting something newer and keeping it very mild.

TheGrendel

Also. What’s very mild in todays standards will absolutely spank the crazy builds from 10-15 years ago. Stock new rubicon’s for the win. 💪
Yes indeed. I have a Gladiator Rubicon I use for work. It came with the full time 4:1 transfer case. I really like that. Nice to AWD in inclement weather.

Lperdue

I think it’s still on the 5x5 bolt pattern. It’s pretty different from what we see normally in FF Dana 60s. Honestly it looks like it uses a similar bolt flange as a regular D44. And appears to be more of a full unit “assembly”that you will bolt in if you break it. I could honestly see Jeep offering it as a “performance upgrade” though Jeep performance parts. They already sell the UD44 don’t see why this wouldn’t make its way there also.

2D7D30C7-3E3C-463C-9258-E1417FF717FA.jpeg

Sharkey

Word Ninja
That will be interesting, I keep hearing conflicting information, some say that the uconnect 5 will plug right up and others that the harnesses are completely different.
How could it plug right in when the placement of the air vents appear to be in the way?!? Or, do you mean across trim models and not backwards compatibility?

jorgelrod

Hooked
How could it plug right in when the placement of the air vents appear to be in the way?!? Or, do you mean across trim models and not backwards compatibility?
You probably have to change half the dash to make it work physically, but I meant to plug in to the current cable harness on existing Jeeps. I've heard both that it uses the same harness and that the uconnect 5 uses a different harness and canbus connection so it might not work on older models without some coverter

Top Bottom