Italian question

Eliajk

Hi everybody how's going?
In Italy of you wanna built up your jeep you have to pay a specialized garage to do It and pay 1000€ to legalized It. Maximum 37" and 3" lift. Olny few types of bumper. No led lights Rollcage only for competitions. How does It works in your country? Can you built yuor jeep at home without problems? Thank you

Fighe e cavai no i basta mai

We do whatever we want in Michigan US. There’s some rules but are rarely enforced. Other states have higher inspection requirements and enforcements.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wjtstudios

Hooked
We do whatever we want in Michigan US. There’s some rules but are rarely enforced. Other states have higher inspection requirements and enforcements.

Don’t tell Gretchen, she’ll probably take that away too...

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Eliajk

But can you drive in other states?

Ddays

Hooked
But can you drive in other states?

Yes, absolutely, but there are times that the local police will or can pull you over and if they really want to, can give you a ticket.

Generally, mud flaps and fender coverage seem to be the two most common issues between states. Some states don't even require them, but in Pennsylvania for instance, we are required to have the tires covered by the fender. But that law is selectively enforced here. My tires stick out well past the fenders but I've pretty much been left alone by the police.

As far as other modifications, we're allowed to do pretty much anything we want.

Eliajk

No just for talking. Here's impossible change rules. There are too many politicians with close mind. Someone pass from germany to have right papers

fiend

Caught the Bug
In the US the pertinent laws vary by state. It’s pretty common to have laws that say tires aren’t supposed to stick out beyond the fenders. Others limit the placement and use of auxiliary lights. Some states limit the amount of lift you can add to the suspension. Some states have annual vehicle inspections for some of this, others don’t. Some states care mostly about emissions and less about other modifications. Enforcement varies considerably. Some cops couldn’t be bothered to ticket someone if their tires stick out too far or their offroad lights don’t have covers. Other cops focus on that stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom