Jackal01's JKU build

that is BADASS!! At Texas Ren Fest last year a guy dressed as Obi-Wan had a remote controlled full size R2. It was coolest thing ever.

I love the machined look. I don't want to change it but i cannot decide what to paint or buy blue. It needs some white too since he is mostly white but idk. Not that big of a deal really.

Kings offer a great looking blue coil! Just sayin!

I am still debating on painting the rock rings blue or not. I bought the paint. I need to add in blue to some parts as to accomplish the R2D2 color scheme. I think the sport cage will be blue (would be same dark blue as the rings). The blue is kinda the same blue as Spidertrax spacers. Decisions.

I think the blue would look good.

I was more referring to the coilovers, but the shocks do add a touch of blue.

One day I'll add "that blue".

The ride with the 2.0s and plush rides is amazing. The 4 hour drive from Houston to Fburg yesterday was a great test drive. Soaks up bumps very well.

The only issue I need to reconcile is the steering. I have straightened the steering wheel as straight as I can get it. Probably 60-70% of the time it drives straight with the steering wheel centered. The other times it is sloppy. I have move the wheel from 10 o clock to 2 of clock to go straight. Other times I will come out of a curve, go straight and it takes a few seconds for the wheel to get centered. I will retorque the lift and wheels when I get back (about 500 miles) but when I stopped to adjust the turn buckle everything seemed tight then. Not sure where to go from there.

One day I'll add "that blue".

The ride with the 2.0s and plush rides is amazing. The 4 hour drive from Houston to Fburg yesterday was a great test drive. Soaks up bumps very well.

The only issue I need to reconcile is the steering. I have straightened the steering wheel as straight as I can get it. Probably 60-70% of the time it drives straight with the steering wheel centered. The other times it is sloppy. I have move the wheel from 10 o clock to 2 of clock to go straight. Other times I will come out of a curve, go straight and it takes a few seconds for the wheel to get centered. I will retorque the lift and wheels when I get back (about 500 miles) but when I stopped to adjust the turn buckle everything seemed tight then. Not sure where to go from there.

You did the drag link flip, right? Did you do LCAs? It honestly sounds like you have a bump steer issue.

You did the drag link flip, right? Did you do LCAs? It honestly sounds like you have a bump steer issue.

EVO drag link. Synergy relocation trackbar bracket. EVO front LCA. Caster is good I think. 88 on the degree finder.

The "sloppiness" is at all speeds, as well. Nothing seems to provoke it specifically.

Last edited:
EVO drag link with Synergy relocation trackbar bracket. EVO front LCA. Caster is good I think. 88 on the degree finder.

The "sloppiness" is at all speeds, as well. Nothing seems to provoke it specifically.

Is the trackbar relocation bracket needed with the DLF?

Jackal01 said:

Glad to hear you like the evo plush rides are working out for you!

Top Bottom