Jawbone Canyon

36Fan

Might be planning a trip to Jawbone Canyon here shortly. I've read that some people are saying a lot of trails are closed now. I haven't been there so Im not sure what they mean by a lot? Has anyone been there lately or have some first hand experience and input?

If you want to join us this Saturday a group of us are going to run Last Chance Canyon your more than welcome to come along. It's just east of jawbone...

There are a few trails closed up Jawbone. A lot has to do with windmills.

The ranger station on the 14 and Jawbone canyon has a ton of info and sells the "friends of Jawbone" maps. Very detailed maps that are updated every year. Have a good one!!

If you want to join us this Saturday a group of us are going to run Last Chance Canyon your more than welcome to come along. It's just east of jawbone...

There are a few trails closed up Jawbone. A lot has to do with windmills.

The ranger station on the 14 and Jawbone canyon has a ton of info and sells the "friends of Jawbone" maps. Very detailed maps that are updated every year. Have a good one!!

Thanks for the offer and info, might just tag along depending on how gnarly the trail is. I'll check into the ranger station and see whats closed/open also.

I checked your profile and it says you have a Suzuki. If it's a Sami I don't think you'll have many issues. I see a few out there every now and then. They are pretty lifted though so depending on your set up I guess. We are meeting at the trail head off of RedRock Randsburg Rd. at 930.

A stock JK is plenty capable to run Last Chance.

I checked your profile and it says you have a Suzuki. If it's a Sami I don't think you'll have many issues. I see a few out there every now and then. They are pretty lifted though so depending on your set up I guess. We are meeting at the trail head off of RedRock Randsburg Rd. at 930.

A stock JK is plenty capable to run Last Chance.

I have a stock 14 JKUR also. Not sure what my plans are, but I will let you know. Thanks again for the invite.

36Fan,

It would be great if you could come this Saturday. HighwayTrout took his stock 10a JKUR through last chance with no problem. It's a fun trail that has bypasses if your not wanting to "risk it".

Keep your head low and your powder dry.

36Fan,

It would be great if you could come this Saturday. HighwayTrout took his stock 10a JKUR through last chance with no problem. It's a fun trail that has bypasses if your not wanting to "risk it".

I might make it,not 100% yet though. Im a bypass kinda Jeeper! lol Thanks for the invite, for sure!!

Bypass is ok. It's just a great time hanging with fellow jeepers and off-road enthusiasts.

Edit to add: I'll add ya to the maybe list. :)

Run this area a lot. Only trail that has been closed is Nightmare. All others are open.
Hopefully the group that is going is going to the Burro Schmidt Tunnel, Holly Cleanser Mine, Old Dutch Cleanser Mine, Cabins in Bonanza Gulch then over to Holland Camp. Once at Holland there is an option to go out Goler Gulch/The Narrows which will put you back on to Randsburg Rd.

Most of it is fire road. Last Chance has changed some by Garlock Rd but once past that section it is easy.

Run this area a lot. Only trail that has been closed is Nightmare. All others are open.
Hopefully the group that is going is going to the Burro Schmidt Tunnel, Holly Cleanser Mine, Old Dutch Cleanser Mine, Cabins in Bonanza Gulch then over to Holland Camp. Once at Holland there is an option to go out Goler Gulch/The Narrows which will put you back on to Randsburg Rd.

Most of it is fire road. Last Chance has changed some by Garlock Rd but once past that section it is easy.

Dak,
Are you going to make the run on Saturday?

OIIIIIO

Top Bottom