Jeep Forum Intrigue

Slappy32

Being new to the JK community, I try and read as much as I can to educate myself. There certainly are a lot of forums out there, each with their own personalities and rivalries with other forums. Is there a place to catch up on details of battles of yore? I catch snippets here and there of grudges and slights that have gone unforgiven. For instance, I think this forum was started when Eddie had some sort of falling out of conflict at JK Owners, and how does JK Adventure fit into all of this? Eddie sure is a polarizing figure. He been nothing but gracious to me and what he was able to accomplish with the Vengeance build really speaks volumes to me.

Anyone care to discuss the in and outs of the Jeep message boards world? :drinks:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Being new to the JK community, I try and read as much as I can to educate myself. There certainly are a lot of forums out there, each with their own personalities and rivalries with other forums. Is there a place to catch up on details of battles of yore? I catch snippets here and there of grudges and slights that have gone unforgiven. For instance, I think this forum was started when Eddie had some sort of falling out of conflict at JK Owners, and how does JK Adventure fit into all of this? Eddie sure is a polarizing figure. He been nothing but gracious to me and what he was able to accomplish with the Vengeance build really speaks volumes to me.

Anyone care to discuss the in and outs of the Jeep message boards world? :drinks:

Where did you get your information on eddies falling out with JKOwners? Eddie was around long before JKOwners so there never was a falling out. You're awfully curious about some stuff that happened long ago and hasn't been mentioned here for someone so new to jeeps as you said in your intro thread.

What does all this have to do with the jeep Wayalife anyway? Just cause drama? :thinking:

Last edited:

Slappy32

Nope, just curious, because I see a lot of snark back and forth on message boards and was wondering about the history behind it. If things are too raw, forget I mentioned it. Not trying to stir anything up. Just trying to be informed. Is the Pub not an appropriate place to discuss a subject like this?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Nope, just curious, because I see a lot of snark back and forth on message boards and was wondering about the history behind it. If things are too raw, forget I mentioned it. Not trying to stir anything up. Just trying to be informed. Is the Pub not an appropriate place to discuss a subject like this?

If your so interested in those other forums maybe a better place to discuss this would be on one of the mentioned boards. Maybe they have more snark back and forth and can give you the history behind it.

MTG

Caught the Bug
ri·val·ry

noun: rivalry; plural noun: rivalries

1. competition for the same objective or for superiority in the same field.

I am pretty sure that none of the regular members here believe there is any rivalry between Wayalife and any other jeep forum. In fact, I'd venture to guess not much, if any, time is dedicated to even thinking about the other forums. However, I would venture to say that the same is not true for them. ;)

Slappy32

I am pretty sure that none of the regular members here believe there is any rivalry between Wayalife and any other jeep forum. In fact, I'd venture to guess not much, if any, time is dedicated to even thinking about the other forums. However, I would venture to say that the same is not true for them. ;)

Thanks! That's the kind of stuff I wanted to know.

TrailBear

Most people don't like to face the truth about things, Eddie keeps it real and truthful , that has rubbed some of them wrong and some got wadded up panties over it. In short form that's the reason your seeing shit being talked on other forums. If you want the truth on what's proven good or not, from guys that have experience, and learn of great spots to travel too, plus meet other like minded jeepers, you found the place for you:)

Last edited:

Slappy32

Most people don't like to face the truth about things, Eddie keeps it real and truthful , that has rubbed some of them wrong and some got wadded up panties over it. It short form that's the reason your seeing shit being talked on other forums. If you want the truth on what's proven good or not, from guys that have experience, and learn of great spots to travel too, plus meet other like minded jeepers, you found the place for you:)

:thumb: Thanks! I found this site last, so I'm already regretting some of my build purchases, but I'll get there eventually. I knew nothing about ORE until I got here. At least I found Northridge 4x4 early on. My JKU is going to be my DD for a while, until it gets paid off. Then it will become the family third dedicated fun vehicle.

Thanks for the input!

Top Bottom