Jeep Hurricane and my Nephew

Jersey_Devil

Been getting my nephew into jeeps since I got my jk in may. He loves jeeps! I even came in one day to find him pushing a jeep toy in front of a hummer (grandma got it for him) he looks up at me, holds up the hummer and says "stuck" then holds up jeep and says "pull"

I was so proud! He knows the jeep pulls the hummer! Smart kid, lol.... Well I just picked up a power wheels Jeep Hurricane for him for Christmas, and I already ordered my Project-JK.com decals for it, but the wayalife decals were all sold out so ill get them later for him!

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
My boys drove theirs like they stole it. Might want to buy a second battery so you always have one charged.

Jersey_Devil

I still can't believe how cool this thing is! I wanna play with it!

I kinda wanna buy a second one to take him in the woods with...... Like this kid.....

1632256632_3890180626291.jpg

1632256632_3899695904167.jpg

So it don't break it and now he's stuck without one

relbus

Need to get some new pics with the marker lights, but for now...

B4FEC882-6BAD-47C3-8020-61EF8578F46D-139-00000002342FD043.jpg

MTG

Caught the Bug
Jersey_Devil said:
How'd u do that? Do the light turn on from the box? I bought mine off a buddy and he had no clue if they did or not.... Looks like they do

x2. I'd like more info on this mod.

relbus

I removed the grill from the Jeep,and then removed each headlight. They just snap into the grill. The lights are made up of a reflector, and the lens. When you pop them
Out of the grill the two pieces seperate.

I grabbed some cheap $3 puck lights at menards, disassembled, soldered leads on, and then hot glued the led board to the reflector. Reassemble, wire it up, and you have light.

Edit: you do have to drill a small hole in the reflector/light bucket for wires to pass through, no big deal its hidden.

47C11805-C373-4EFF-8018-82626A2C1553-162-000000051F2CDE8A.jpg

08F9DB41-0AAD-4089-8AB5-4F0D6B7D3580-115-0000000094FD96BE.jpg

2DEB37F7-0E5C-4CA1-B726-71C3EEC5D1D3-139-000000023D841498.jpg

Last edited:

RGolie13

I am sitting here laughing. You guys have the bug so bad that you are modding the kids power wheels jeeps.

Jersey_Devil

I removed the grill from the Jeep,and then removed each headlight. They just snap into the grill. The lights are made up of a reflector, and the lens. When you pop them
Out of the grill the two pieces seperate.

I grabbed some cheap $3 puck lights at menards, disassembled, soldered leads on, and then hot glued the led board to the reflector. Reassemble, wire it up, and you have light.

Edit: you do have to drill a small hole in the reflector/light bucket for wires to pass through, no big deal its hidden.

Definitely going to the store today to buy some lights! Thanks!

relbus

Glad to help. Be careful with the lift/tires idea...the plastic gears aren't really durable when you start over volting or adding big rubber.

My two year old blew the differential out of his Jeep in no time....but I had it running on 18volts:yup:

to feed the modding addiction.... http://www.modifiedpowerwheels.com/

relbus

They're powered by their own battery "pack". I took the AAA x3 battery holder that was inside the lights I purchased from menards and I used that. It's temporary. It's surprising how little power the LEDs take the batteries last AWHILE.

When i get to it I plan to solder on a quick connect plug for a rechargeable batt pack from an RC car. I am currently using the RC car batt packs in my other sons jeep and they work well and I have a few laying around.

Jersey_Devil

They're powered by their own battery "pack". I took the AAA x3 battery holder that was inside the lights I purchased from menards and I used that. It's temporary. It's surprising how little power the LEDs take the batteries last AWHILE.

When i get to it I plan to solder on a quick connect plug for a rechargeable batt pack from an RC car. I am currently using the RC car batt packs in my other sons jeep and they work well and I have a few laying around.

Great idea! Thanks!

Prime8

I am sitting here laughing. You guys have the bug so bad that you are modding the kids power wheels jeeps.

Modding the Power wheels is a big thing! Check out YouTube. I was looking into it when I bought my son a hurricane in rescue green to match my last jk.

Top Bottom