Jeep JK Wrangler Unit Bearing Replacement Write-Up

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
the d30 and 44 on the JK share everything in common except for pumpkin, ring and pinion and locker. I think the shafts are the same diameter but have different spline cuts.....can anybody correct me if I'm wrong?

Foxsat71

Hub bearing replacement

Great write up, but recommend installing SKF hub bearings part #BR930612.
Resurrecting an old thread. Thanks for the info on the SKF bearings and great research on your part. You wouldn't happen to have the part# for a 2012 JKU would you.
Also, on a side note; Eddie is a frickin' JERK!!!

WJCO

Meme King
Resurrecting an old thread. Thanks for the info on the SKF bearings and great research on your part. You wouldn't happen to have the part# for a 2012 JKU would you.

Nobody is going to help you with a part number when you're being a complete Jackass on this forum. Get the fuck out of here.

10frank9

Web Wheeler

I can't tell if you are serious of you are trying to insert sarcasm? If so you are doing a terrible job.

RageKage

does anyone know if this hub unit will fit on a 2014 jku sport? i've been trying to search the internet for an answer but to no avail.:sigh:

WJCO

Meme King
does anyone know if this hub unit will fit on a 2014 jku sport? i've been trying to search the internet for an answer but to no avail.:sigh:

Google says 07 through 10. Didn't another thread give you a link for a 2014? Or am I having de ja vu?

Benito

Caught the Bug

yes it will fit a 2wd/4wd/sport/rubicon/sahara/4door/2door/2007-2016 and any combination of those models

Last edited:

RageKage

Google says 07 through 10. Didn't another thread give you a link for a 2014? Or am I having de ja vu?

haha sorry i had a senior moment. i completely forgot about that other thread and yes it did and i believe you were one of the couple to give me an answer. thanks again.

I want to give a big shout out to Eddie! This thread was super easy to follow and helped a lot when I had to install my unit bearing after mine needing replacing! Thanks again Eddie!

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
I Love the write up. Thank you for sharing this.
Question: Do wheel spacers have any effect on unit bearing lifespan, be it positive or negative?

WJCO

Meme King
Question: Do wheel spacers have any effect on unit bearing lifespan, be it positive or negative?

People say they tear up wheel bearings, and in theory, they probably do a little more than a vehicle that didn't have them at all. But I can't honestly say first-hand that I've seen a single case where I could say, 'yeah, the spacer caused that.'

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

By pushing your wheels further out, you will effectively put more pressure on your bearings and they will wear out prematurely. Is it a big deal? Not in my opinion.

horrocks007

Just did this job in under an hour. No dust shields on my 2010?!

Not bad for 95,000 miles.

Of note, do brake pads rest on the rotors, or slightly off? I'm thinking I may have a seizing front brake caliper.

Thanks for the write-ups, done many of them over the 6 years of owning my jeep.

WJCO

Meme King
Just did this job in under an hour. No dust shields on my 2010?!

Not bad for 95,000 miles.

Of note, do brake pads rest on the rotors, or slightly off? I'm thinking I may have a seizing front brake caliper.

Thanks for the write-ups, done many of them over the 6 years of owning my jeep.

Post a pic of the brakes regarding what you're talking about. Not sure.

Top Bottom