Jeep jtd death wobble

22jtdiesel

Also, realize that the more you have actual DW events, the more likely your tie-rod ends (TRE) for the drag link and tie-rod, as well as the TRE and bushings on your trackbar, will be getting worse.
I got a new 2.5 ton aluminum doestch tie rod and drag link not long ago and a new synergy trackbar. It was one of the later recommendations from a mechanic to replace in trying to figure out what is causing it. It still happened after.

22jtdiesel

I will look again and torque them down tomorrow jf needed. I have not checked my unit bearing, what would i be looking for with the unit bearing?
C

check the Jam nuts/bolts. The Arm should not be spinning on the Joint. A while back my front lowers came loose on the axle side.. was getting a clunk. Also make sure all the control arm bolts are torqued to spec.

Have you checked your unit bearings?

22jtdiesel

It may be worth throwing on a different set of wheels/tires if you have them, just to make sure the issue isn’t there.
I had these tires and wheels recently balanced. The other set of tires and wheels i have are the overland stock wheels. They would look goofy but i will try it out for a trial run.

I got a new 2.5 ton aluminum doestch tie rod and drag link not long ago and a new synergy trackbar. It was one of the later recommendations from a mechanic to replace in trying to figure out what is causing it. It still happened after.
My point is that if you continue to have DW you’ll need to replace the TREs and maybe the TB bushing as well because they’ll be trashed.

Top Bottom