Jeep Photo Challenge

Here's camping just last weekend :)

Edit: Sorry I didn't see the new challenge posted a couple hours ago :(

View attachment 125693View attachment 125695

Im not trying to be a dick, but you really should at least attempt to tread lightly- if you're going to try to climb your jeep up a tree, you might want to make sure it's at least big enough to survive and not just get pushed over.

I am not a tree hugger, in fact I live in a logging community, and I highly support the timber industry, but senselessly destroying stuff is how a lot of our public areas get shut down. One of my favorite trails is in jeopardy of being shut down just because people keep scraping into the trees with their cages, I know it'd be closed If we started pushing them over.

Don't give the tree huggers ammunition!

I call fail. Where was the really difficult trail or obstacle? ;)

Of all the half assed attempts on this thread, this is the one you call fail on? Haha

I drove off it, 1/4 way through the trail, and all the way down into rubicon springs in 3 wheel drive.

The flat granite slabs were crazy hard that day. :crazyeyes:

Only for an idiot who (used to) like the skinny pedal and getting airborne.

Hey Adam, you were the only other 2 door there- How did your jeep do on that double step? 😁

Last edited:
I drove off it, 1/4 way through the trail, and all the way down into rubicon springs in 3 wheel drive.

Hey Adam, you were the only other 2 door there- How did your jeep do on that double step? 😁

I went around because I didn't want to be that asshole who broke an 1/8 of a mile into the trail. ;)

I went around because I didn't want to be that asshole who broke an 1/8 of a mile into the trail. ;)

That's about exactly how I felt! Haha

And hey- it was a least 1/4 mile!

I guess you don't know how hard you can push something until you break it. That was the first time I broke it (after axle swap), and it wasn't the first time all four wheels had been of the ground.

Last edited:
Don't give the tree huggers ammunition!

I appreciate your judgement, but maybe first ask for the whole story. Full disclosure: I don't push trees over. This campground had protection rules that were enforced by owners that were checking camps on the regular. This tree was already leaned over on the much larger tree to its left, probably from when they cleared the area for camping originally (we were on the edge, as you can see in the first pic). I asked for permission first and flexed on it with the grounds guy there to make sure it was fine and it didn't even creak or crack.

As an aside, I'm curious if you get upset watching the videos when the big dogs squeeze through all the tight northern trees, clearly stripping bark off, or when the rock bouncers blow off course and take out trees?

I appreciate your judgement, but maybe first ask for the whole story. Full disclosure: I don't push trees over. This campground had protection rules that were enforced by owners that were checking camps on the regular. This tree was already leaned over on the much larger tree to its left, probably from when they cleared the area for camping originally (we were on the edge, as you can see in the first pic). I asked for permission first and flexed on it with the grounds guy there to make sure it was fine and it didn't even creak or crack.

As an aside, I'm curious if you get upset watching the videos when the big dogs squeeze through all the tight northern trees, clearly stripping bark off, or when the rock bouncers blow off course and take out trees?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424403075.513746.jpg......................

I pass no judgement on the above photo, however, I do get upset about the rock bouncers. Not that they take out trees, but that they have the same voting rights that I do. ;)

Of all the half assed attempts on this thread, this is the one you call fail on? Haha

The double step is pure hell for 2drs :yup:ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424403449.693382.jpg

Fair enough. Forgive me for assuming what seemed blatantly obvious in a picture you posted. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1424403973.863780.jpg

Maybe instead of me having to ask for the whole story, you could just Post that up to begin with and save a step.
Btw- you're lucky it didn't fall on your buddies jeep.

As for the second part- no, it doesn't bother me, and I've even been guilty of it myself, On the trail, stuff happens and sometimes you get into a tree... But that's on a trail, not in a campground.

And before you go off the deep end, can you really blame me for coming to my conclusion with that pic?

Fair enough. Forgive me for assuming what seemed blatantly obvious in a picture you posted.
Maybe instead of me having to ask for the whole story, you could just Post that up to begin with and save a step.

All good man, I didn't think a story was necessary being that this is a pic thread but I should have tossed in the disclaimer that no trees were harmed in the making of :)

Btw- you're lucky it didn't fall on your buddies jeep.

Again, you're being mislead by the picture. Not only is the tree I'm on leaning on a larger tree to its side, but the distance to the Willy's in the background is... at least 10 feet away and not in the fall path. Besides, that's my wife's Jeep, there's no way in hell she'd park it near anything dangerous :D

As for the second part- no, it doesn't bother me, and I've even been guilty of it myself, On the trail, stuff happens and sometimes you get into a tree... But that's on a trail, not in a campground.

Tree's a tree's a tree right? That's what I was eluding to with my question - no one really questions it when the setting is different, but "tread lightly" probably wasn't only invented for camping...

And before you go off the deep end, can you really blame me for coming to my conclusion with that pic?

Oh, I totally understand. I really wasn't upset, not sure where that vibe came from, I was just revealing the facts to defend myself. You're the first person to see that picture and react negatively so I was admittedly taken aback :)

I pass no judgement on the above photo, however, I do get upset about the rock bouncers. Not that they take out trees, but that they have the same voting rights that I do. ;)

lol fair enough :beer:

back to the challenge at hand, I know it's a photo challenge but do videos count? I have an FPV clip of a pretty good seesaw effect I got coming up out of a wedge flexing on opposite wheels...:rock:

Last edited:
Top Bottom