JEEP TRAIL OFFROAD GPS: What GPS is everyone running?

crowrb29

FWIW I have gotten pretty accurate navigation from google maps when I type in the Lats and Longs of where I'm trying to go.

jhires

I have both Trimble and Gaia GPS on my iphone and ipad. A quick look shows them both available for Android.
I like the idea that Trimble has for downloading maps by county.
But I like features of Gaia GPS where it will orient the map for which direction you are driving. I haven't used it enough to need any offline maps yet so not sure how that works, but it does have the capability.

Both cost money to download (at least last time I downloaded them) and both have some sort of "premium" access you pay extra for.

Jesse

Road_king

I use Gaia on our iPad - love it. Most of the people in one club we belong - more than 400. - have android tablets and use Backcounty Navigator.

bmwegr

I use Gaia GPS on my android. The entire app was recently updated and is working really nice. Simple to create waypoints, record tracks and even export them as *.gpx files. It even imports *.gpx files which may include tracks, routes and waypoints. My favorite part is being able to download all map data so I can be off the grid and still have a functioning GPS.

Hope this helps. The app developer also has excellent support!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Serg5000

I've run several different GPS units in the past but now only use an app on my iPad called Gaia. It works on an iPhone too.
Do you know if you can add coordinates to this app? I use it very little. I have looked but can't seem to find where to input the coords I would like.

Serg5000

Here is the format I'm using and not getting any results.
esugadap.jpg

thardy

Banned
Trail Navigation

What type of devices do you guys use for navigation on trails? I've tried using various apps on my phone but I tend to completely lose service on most of the trails we run in North GA. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

ramin

What type of devices do you guys use for navigation on trails? I've tried using various apps on my phone but I tend to completely lose service on most of the trails we run in North GA. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have been using Gaia Gps
app on a mini ipad . Works pretty good :)

jeeeep

Hooked
GPS Trail / Road maps for Android

What GPS trail/ road maps does everyone use for android? I received a Bluetooth GPS that I would like to use without having to buy and iPad

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
i use back country navigator and download the areas im going to be at. the pro version was 10 bucks.

Top Bottom