Jeeps pulls to right--just aligned

JakeJK

Looked for a thread but only found one talking about left pull but, I got my jeep aligned a few days ago and have noticed my jeep pulls right pretty significantly. I've tried driving on the opposite side of the road but it will still pull me to the right. This makes me think it's not the angle of the road. What are some things I can check?? Only aftermarket front end part is an RK adjustable track bar everything else is a stock.

Also what PSI should I be running in 315/70r18s?

2.5 RK stock mod
315/70r18 TOYO mts

Thanks guys

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just like Nitto Trail Grapplers pull to the left, it's not uncommon for Toyo MT's to have a slight pull to the right. That being said, are you running an aftermarket steering stabilizer?

JakeJK

Just like Nitto Trail Grapplers pull to the left, it's not uncommon for Toyo MT's to have a slight pull to the right. That being said, are you running an aftermarket steering stabilizer?

No no aftermarket stabilizer could that help any in this case?

jeff_in_rc

Try swapping tires on the passenger side only to see if it helps or makes it worse. When my Goodyear's were getting worn and I had a pulling to the left problem I swapped the tires on the drivers side at the suggestion of a friend of mine that worked in tires for years. Fixed my problem.

JakeJK

Try swapping tires on the passenger side only to see if it helps or makes it worse. When my Goodyear's were getting worn and I had a pulling to the left problem I swapped the tires on the drivers side at the suggestion of a friend of mine that worked in tires for years. Fixed my problem.

I will try that, although my tires are only a few days old haha

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Haha that's why I left it stock, the only thing I have adjustable is my front track bar. Everything else is stock

Okay, so in other words, you paid your alignment shop to do nothing at all. Can't align what you can't adjust.

JakeJK

Okay, so in other words, you paid your alignment shop to do nothing at all. Can't align what you can't adjust.

You know I thought about that. But everyone kept telling me I needed an alignment after a lift. Should've went with my gut when I thought nothing could've possible changed because of adding bigger coils and a track bar lol there goes 100 bucks. Anyways, what else could be the problem? Just the normal aspect of big MTs?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You know I thought about that. But everyone kept telling me I needed an alignment after a lift. Should've went with my gut when I thought nothing could've possible changed because of adding bigger coils and a track bar lol there goes 100 bucks. Anyways, what else could be the problem? Just the normal aspect of big MTs?

In the future, you might want to refer to my write-up here:
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3861-Basic-Do-it-Yourself-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-Front-End-Alignment

Regarding your tires, what you're experiencing is radial pull and this is totally normal on a lot of big aggressive mud terrain tires.

JakeJK

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3861-Basic-Do-it-Yourself-Jeep-JK-Wrangler-Front-End-Alignment

Regarding your tires, what you're experiencing is radial pull and this is totally normal on a lot of big aggressive mud terrain tires.

Okay and just to make sure, this radial pull would be enough to pull me back over to the right side of the road even if I'm on the left? It would only take a couple seconds for me to be in a ditch

WJCO

Meme King
Okay and just to make sure, this radial pull would be enough to pull me back over to the right side of the road even if I'm on the left? It would only take a couple seconds for me to be in a ditch

A pull is a pull. Some worse than others. I haven't owned mud tires that have pulled myself, so I'm not sure what you're experiencing. But I have had other vehicles with tire pulls, they can be bad. I would highly recommend swapping tires side to side. If pull direction changes or goes away, then you'll know it was a tire issue. If it's still there, it's something else. Also ensure your tire pressures are all the same.

EDIT: If the pull started after the alignment, but not after the tires, then chances are the shop messed up something with your toe/tie rod.

Last edited:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Looked for a thread but only found one talking about left pull but, I got my jeep aligned a few days ago and have noticed my jeep pulls right pretty significantly. I've tried driving on the opposite side of the road but it will still pull me to the right. This makes me think it's not the angle of the road. What are some things I can check?? Only aftermarket front end part is an RK adjustable track bar everything else is a stock.

Also what PSI should I be running in 315/70r18s?

2.5 RK stock mod
315/70r18 TOYO mts

Thanks guys

my 37/1350/r17 toyos have a pretty significant pull, significant enough that I thought I had set up my long arms incorrectly and spent hours fiddling with all 8 arms, removed the springs to center the bumpstops, tweeked caster, checked and adjusted toe, recentered the steering wheel, rechecked and adjusted toe, repeat, repeat, repeat... guess what, the jeep still pulls right. :idontknow: as these are the biggest tires I have ever owned, Im going to rest in everything I checked was checked, and it MUST be radial pull.

Check EVERYTHING, and if nothing fixes it then you will KNOW what it is as well.

Last edited:

JakeJK

A pull is a pull. Some worse than others. I haven't owned mud tires that have pulled myself, so I'm not sure what you're experiencing. But I have had other vehicles with tire pulls, they can be bad. I would highly recommend swapping tires side to side. If pull direction changes or goes away, then you'll know it was a tire issue. If it's still there, it's something else. Also ensure your tire pressures are all the same.

EDIT: If the pull started after the alignment, but not after the tires, then chances are the shop messed up something with your toe/tie rod.

There was pull before the alignment as well I will try the tire switching thing and will Check pressures

JakeJK

my 37/1350/r17 toyos have a pretty significant pull, significant enough that I thought I had set up my long arms incorrectly and spent hours fiddling with all 8 arms, removed the springs to center the bumpstops, tweeked caster, checked and adjusted toe, recentered the steering wheel, rechecked and adjusted toe, repeat, repeat, repeat... guess what, the jeep still pulls right. :idontknow: as these are the biggest tires I have ever owned, Im going to rest in everything I checked was checked, and it MUST be radial pull.

Check EVERYTHING, and if nothing fixes it then you will KNOW what it is as well.

Well not much of my stuff is adjustable so that leads me to believe it's just my tires haha. I can live with it I just really didn't want to screw up my tires as that's the second biggest purchase I've ever made

Eezybreezy08

You won't screw up your tires. Do what these guys say. Check the stuff and be confident in what you check is right. And if it still pulls like my sorry ass Goodyear mtr w/k than you will know it's just the tire. I understand you don't like it cause I sure as the world don't like it either. Sometimes that's just our luck hahaha

Linebacker

Caught the Bug

^^^ I've had Trail Graps on my stock 2012 for 18k+ miles with four rotations and one alignment. The radial pull is always very slightly there. A couple of knowledgeable guys at Discount Tire in Arizona told me not to worry about it. They were right. The tires are wearing beautifully and I don't pay any attention anymore.

ScoobyCarolanNC

Air em down too. If your tires are over inflated its a bitch. Buy a decent pressure gauge & experiment. I'm rolling stock diameter, but .5" wider. Took me a while but the perfect cold psi for me is 34 despite every "professional" saying they need to be 38-40.

Top Bottom