JK Aussie Lockers

JKTim

So, I installed both front and rear Aussie lockers in my 2 door JK. Since installing the lockers, I now notice a slight pull to the left or right on some gear changes. This does not happen every time, only when I give a little extra gas on some gear changes. I am wondering if this is normal, from the added traction of the lockers, or if this is something to be concerned about. I have had the Jeep aligned after installing the lockers, and no red flags were made known. Anyone else have this happen to them after installing a set of Aussies?

I may be mistaken, but I don't think an automatic locker is a good idea for the rear. The front is fine, because it only locks while in 4wd. You'll just have clicking on turns from the clutches moving at different speeds. But the back I believe it jacks with all the abs and traction control. And it's probably locking on you under harder acceleration. Not a good thing for a daily driver.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I've had an Aussie locker in the rear of a prior rig.

The pull is fine. Under heavy acceleration it will try to lock the two wheels together. I.E. If it pulls to the right, the left tire was already locked to the carrier, then the right tire locks in when the ribs of the Aussie locker mesh.

I loved that simple lunchbox locker, The clicking in turns were concerning at first, but got fun when you spike the gas in the turns. The axle would lock together and make the inner tire squeal like crazy. Makes it easier to do power slides too!

As for all the electronic junk, I dunno. Mine was an '01 Cherokee, The damn thing didn't even have ABS! in 2001!

I've had an Aussie locker in the rear of a prior rig.

The pull is fine. Under heavy acceleration it will try to lock the two wheels together. I.E. If it pulls to the right, the left tire was already locked to the carrier, then the right tire locks in when the ribs of the Aussie locker mesh.

I loved that simple lunchbox locker, The clicking in turns were concerning at first, but got fun when you spike the gas in the turns. The axle would lock together and make the inner tire squeal like crazy. Makes it easier to do power slides too!

As for all the electronic junk, I dunno. Mine was an '01 Cherokee, The damn thing didn't even have ABS! in 2001!

Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it

I may be mistaken, but I don't think an automatic locker is a good idea for the rear. The front is fine, because it only locks while in 4wd. You'll just have clicking on turns from the clutches moving at different speeds. But the back I believe it jacks with all the abs and traction control. And it's probably locking on you under harder acceleration. Not a good thing for a daily driver.

I did call Torqmaster about that exact question. They reassured me that the lockers for the JKs did take that into consideration and will not affect any of the electronics. Thank you for the response!

Your problem might be the wheelbase.

Auto lockers do not like a wheelbase shorter than 100inches. Had the same issue with a friends Land Rover Defender 90. Was very unstable. After reading the instruction manual, it stated not to fit to a wheelbase shorter than 100 inches. Took out the front locker and it was much better. This was with Detroit lockers

I am running Aussies front and rear in my 2-door JK. I get the spight pull from time to time under heavy acceleration. Where it gets tricky is making tight turns in a parking lot!

They work excellent offroad though

Top Bottom