JK Optimal Lift Height ... ???

rtguy1

Ughh! I retract all of my previous post with my measurements of lift, roofline height (tire psi was never properly figured ino the equation, so my scientific calculations were off). I have sold my jeep, I will not own, nor drive, an EVOJEEP with a 10" lift. Thanks rtguy1. All this time I only wanted to be an overlander, I was actually an 80's monster truck driver.

Lmao. C'mon GCM. I wasn't talking shit. I was just like damn that's way taller than mine and trying to figure out what's up when you said the whole 3" of lift thing.

ChaosNein

So what have we learned WAYALIFERS???

10" of lift on your JK is too much, but 11" is "optimal" :thinking: and the suns harmful UV rays are bad for both your skin and your clearcoat :yup:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i think what we have learned is that it is subjective just like ride quality is. it comes down to the size tires you want to run, types of trails, and your height lol

jackedup

Honestly, I have no idea what you guys are talking about. There is only ONE true way to how tall you are over stock and it's with this diagram that Dynatrac was kind enough to provide...

attachment.php

The above are actual measurements from a stock JK.

I just went out to the garage and took a measurement at the spring perch on Rubicat and came up with 13", just like I set it. That's only 3.625" (it was 3.5" back when we were still running a factory 44) over a stock 9.375". In other words, just a bit over 3-1/2" for those of you who can't convert decimals. I'd measure Moby but unfortunately, he's in Vegas right now and has a ProRock 60 so the measurement there probably won't be right. What I can tell you is that Moby only sits about 1" taller than Rubicat so that would put him at about 4.5" over stock, just like I set him. Park Moby next to JK running something like a TeraFlex 4" lift with 37's and I can almost guarantee you that he sits lower even riding on 40's.

I just went out and measured my front springs as this post describes and I got 13.5". what does that come out to over stock? I have the AEV 3.5"dual sport lift with old crawler w/stinger and winch

Last edited:

jackedup

that's crazy, everyone always asks me what size lift I have and when I tell them it's 3.5'' they say it looks like a 4'' lift. I had the lift installed before I picked it from the dealer and they ordered it. Do you think they ordered the 4.5" lift by mistake and that's why I still have 4"s after installing front and rear bumpers, winch and heavy rock rails(90lbs each)?

pvanweelden

Could have been the 4.5" coils, or 4 door coils on a 2 door, or could just be that the 3.5" coils from Aev run tall. Sorry, not that familiar with their coils.
But at least you're not sagging :thumb: :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
4 1/8" lift from your 3.5" kit

Yup, what he said.

that's crazy, everyone always asks me what size lift I have and when I tell them it's 3.5'' they say it looks like a 4'' lift. I had the lift installed before I picked it from the dealer and they ordered it. Do you think they ordered the 4.5" lift by mistake and that's why I still have 4"s after installing front and rear bumpers, winch and heavy rock rails(90lbs each)?

Most lift kits yield a final height that is taller than what is advertised. Sounds normal to me.

Could have been the 4.5" coils, or 4 door coils on a 2 door, or could just be that the 3.5" coils from Aev run tall. Sorry, not that familiar with their coils.
But at least you're not sagging :thumb: :D

Could be 4-door coils on a 2-door. They wouldn't sag due to the dual rate coils - they would just get you ridding on the firm side of them. Not real desirable but, that's just my opinion.

jackedup

I really can't comment intelligently on how ruff/hard this lift rides as I bought my jeep from dealer with it on. I don't think it's rough rinding but I haven't driven a jeep with coils like wayolife describes about the evo enforcer coils. I do know that this jeep rides a lot smoother then my stock 02. but that was a two door so i'm not sure it counts

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I really can't comment intelligently on how ruff/hard this lift rides as I bought my jeep from dealer with it on. I don't think it's rough rinding but I haven't driven a jeep with coils like wayolife describes about the evo enforcer coils. I do know that this jeep rides a lot smoother then my stock 02. but that was a two door so i'm not sure it counts

Like I always say, ride comfort and quality is 100% subjective. If you like what you have, that's all that should matter.

jackedup

Like I always say, ride comfort and quality is 100% subjective. If you like what you have, that's all that should matter.
I agree but, I would still like to see how smooth a ride that evo kit you were talking about rides. it may change my mind about just how good this lift is. One thing i wouldn't want to loose would be how well it handles in turns as I've been riding sport bikes for over twenty years and always take turns with very little breaks and this jeep handles turns great

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
I run the 4" Enforcer and I have been very happy. I would be afraid to go over 4" because of COG but that's just me. We wheeled Poughkeepsie Gulch, Black Bear, Mineral Creek, Imogene Pass to name a few this year and my lift and shocks performed flawlessly. I was very impressed. Even with a couple really tippy sections I never felt it was going to loose it.

Based on my personal experience 4" is perfect for 37s and my use of my Jeep.

It's really a very subjective question as to what is the optimal height. I would think the ultimate answer is the height that you can fit your tires under, without rubbing, while still maintaining the lowest COG and best ground clearance possible. :twocents:

WhiteDynamite

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1386137022.318846.jpg

I am at approx 72.5" tall on my 2-door. Running 37" Nittos and approx 1.5" of lift by measuring my shocks according to dynatracs drawing (they measured 20")

I like my Jeep low so when I ordered my EVO DTD (not installed yet) I went for a custom shorter length coilover and bypass shock. I am only looking for about a 1" gain in height. It should also give me some useable up travel.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
View attachment 58752

I am at approx 72.5" tall on my 2-door. Running 37" Nittos and approx 1.5" of lift by measuring my shocks according to dynatracs drawing (they measured 20")

I like my Jeep low so when I ordered my EVO DTD (not installed yet) I went for a custom shorter length coilover and bypass shock. I am only looking for about a 1" gain in height. It should also give me some useable up travel.

You must still be in San Diego with that rain. :thumb:

Top Bottom