JK vs. TJ

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I agree with you but I honestly hate the 2-door JK. I couldn't get rid of my 2-door for a 4-door fast enough. Personally while I know the limitations of the TJ/LJ with a basic lift kit I would rather spend my money on a vehicle that will hold its value and that is not something a 2-door jk does. Now if we are talking 4-door jk compared to a LJ/TJ give me the Jk hands down.

So a 2 dr JK does not hold it's value?...interesting?

shadow21

I do have one, but I think you are kinda vague. In the low teens? Is that what you sold yours for?

No sir I sold my 2012 2-Door in 2012 with less than 500 miles on it for 21,000 new I paid 25k and some change. I just purchased a 2012JKU (27,500)put a lift wheels/tires/bumpers/sliders/winch. Currently I'm shopping the Jeep for a JKUR I've had bids for 33-35,000.

Not knocking the two door but the introduction of the four door has taken some value away from the two doors. If it wasn't true Chrysler wouldn't be talking about dropping the two door from production.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
No sir I sold my 2012 2-Door in 2012 with less than 500 miles on it for 21,000 new I paid 25k and some change. I just purchased a 2012JKU (27,500)put a lift wheels/tires/bumpers/sliders/winch. Currently I'm shopping the Jeep for a JKUR I've had bids for 33-35,000.

Not knocking the two door but the introduction of the four door has taken some value away from the two doors. If it wasn't true Chrysler wouldn't be talking about dropping the two door from production.

You are gonna lose value on any vehicle ESPECIALLY if you buy it BRAND NEW put 500 miles on it THEN turn around and try to sell it. You are not going to get what you paid for it. IMHO It would have to be a very nicely built vehicle for me to pay waaaaay above BB on a vehicle. It would have to be equipped with some very nice add-ons. A dealer does not care about mods. Also asking and what someone will give you are two different things. You would have been way ahead if you would have just bought a JKU in the first place.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I can't speak for a 2 door, but the 4 doors hold value almost to a comedic level. I bought my 2012 sahara for 34K, and then traded it in (not private sale) for a 2014 rubi....I had my 2012 for 2 years and 23,000 miles...paid 34k, dealer gave me 32k. That is basically a free ride for 2 years. My family couldn't believe how good the resale was.

shadow21

You are gonna lose value on any vehicle ESPECIALLY if you buy it BRAND NEW put 500 miles on it THEN turn around and try to sell it. You are not going to get what you paid for it. IMHO It would have to be a very nicely built vehicle for me to pay waaaaay above BB on a vehicle. It would have to be equipped with some very nice add-ons. A dealer does not care about mods. Also asking and what someone will give you are two different things. You would have been way ahead if you would have just bought a JKU in the first place.

Ya that's true to a point I trade my 2012 Jeep for a Mitsubishi Evoultion then traded the Evo in on a Shelby then traded my Shelby on the JKU. The mods aren't that great at all 3.5 RE lift kit, go industries bumpers, sliders, xrc 9,500 winch. Nothing special it just looks good. I wish I'd of just bought the JKU in the first place. But like I said I have had buy bids from 33-35,000 from River Oaks, Finnegans, Texas Auto Direct each on varied and each one offered me something different.

JKWrang

2 door RHD hold decent value at the right dealerships. I bought mine for 14 and traded it for 13.5 two year later for my JKU. the JKU im now under BB with what i owe by about 5k which is solid. 4 doors hold value like nothing else which sucks come excise tax time

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom