Jk6 hellcat

Brute

Hooked
Just don't be this guy. This happened a block away from my old house. Woke us up quick, loudest thing I've ever heard. He too was using a pump on a battery.

http://www.timescall.com/ci_20759427/police-arrest-suspected-gas-thief

View attachment 240716

I hear that...

This has a 12 volt plug for in cab connection with a sealed in line on/off switch so you are not near open fuel when turning it on and off...it seems pretty safe to me

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I hear that...

This has a 12 volt plug for in cab connection with a sealed in line on/off switch so you are not near open fuel when turning it on and off...it seems pretty safe to me

Good to hear. The guy in the article probably didn't even care about safety. He's already enough of a jackass to be out stealing people's gas.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Can't say I'm fan of skids like this especially ones this extensive. They trap way too much heat, make it difficult to service your Jeep and the bolts get jacked up from rocks and become very difficult to remove especially on the trail. That being said, the install looks clean and I do hope you have better experiences with them than I've seen.

Brute

Hooked
Can't say I'm fan of skids like this especially ones this extensive. They trap way too much heat, make it difficult to service your Jeep and the bolts get jacked up from rocks and become very difficult to remove especially on the trail. That being said, the install looks clean and I do hope you have better experiences with them than I've seen.

After punching a hole thru an oil pan, I've become a big fan of belly skids...

Brute

Hooked
Totally understood. We all have our own experiences. I guess I just don't play as hard as some. Also, never said I was opposed to oil pan protection.

Watch WAYALIFE YouTube Videos
WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs

Your points are very valid...and it is also very true how our life experiences shape the decisions we make in life about all things...both good and bad.

You are extremely lucky in having the ability to go out on a trail on any given day, even if it's just the "mall" you run near your house...for me, I need to get on a 6 hour plane ride once every 6 weeks (or more)...and if I'm lucky, get to squeeze a day in the dirt...it feels like I have to relearn the nuances of my rig every time I drive it (I've owned it nearly 14 months now, and just broke 2k miles)...there is absolutely no substitution for seat time on the trail. By the time this build was ready to trail test, the winter came in WA, and I've yet to flex this thing on the rocks...it looks like my first chance will be at Moab at the EJS this April...

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I'm surprised those skids wouldn't have UHMW on them. They look just like what the Ultra 4 cars have with the full belly protection.

BdugJK

Skids look awesome and kind of boat hull like! Does it float? Haha Awesome rig can wait to see it on the trail all twisted and flexed! :thumb:

RMC2

Caught the Bug
You come up with some cool ideas and then you can spend the money to actually make them come true.

I just have dreams..........

Top Bottom