JKO sent me here and they're right. This entire forum is ridiculous

JAGS

Hooked
Eddie. You sir are the king of the multi quote thats for sure. I guess this was for nothing... if you're going to continue to be so judgmental because its your site... you're going to turn a lot of people off.

For some reason even I don't understand... this was meant to be a little jab, a little comedy but also a little hard truth about the perception of your forum. All I am seeing is its my site ill do whatever i want... I guess I've wasted everyones time then if you wont take any of this into consideration. Im sure you all are great people, most jeepers are, but you sure don't come off as it on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Many of us don't base opinions from what we see on a cellphone screen. Unlike losers who get lost in the mix on other forums, wayalife members actually get together and hang out. Even the ones many call assholes are the first ones to help out on the trail.

None of us care about the approval from "a lot of people" because we've all made groups of pretty close friends. Small groups all over the country. We're friends here and that is what wayalife is about and what other forums are simply jealous of.

You don't have to agree with eddie and others to be cool here, you just have to be real. If you come here with other intentions, you'll get picked about of the mix very quickly. Just like you have.

longarmwj

Admittedly, this is a pretty hostile forum. It's really only a few people who actively engage in sending threads sideways, but because of the group think going on the behavior is very heartily supported and defended.

Regardless, your post here does nothing at all to better the situation, and only serves as a breeding ground for those to continue to practice the damaging behavior. Honestly, a little insight into why you felt the need would be helpful.

A little bit of self control before popping off negativity can go a long way to building understanding and making members feel comfortable posting and learning and growing, you're post here simply reinforces the same behavior that you decry.

All too often, someone makes a post that for whatever reason gets interpreted in a negative way, and yes the mentality is to unleash the Kraken per se.

I'm continuing to hang on because there is some legitimately good content here, and I believe with some effort, the community could reshape itself into something pretty inspiring, but I have to admit that there are times when I'm really morally torn, sometimes the bullying is pretty offensive, etc.. the post title changing, the changing of the icon to dildos.. that's all childish stuff...

Ugghh.. I didn't mean to get drawn into this... just wanted to say.. yeah it can be pretty crappy at times around here, and your post is at least a reminder of the issue rather than igorning it, but you could have turned the effort into something more useful.

The highlighted part is the part that stood out to me. How can you look at Eddie's videos, Cindy's pictures, the resurrection of old iron, and the community displayed in all the trip reports and NOT be inspired??? That doesn't make sense to me in the least.

Also if you find the "name changing, and the avatar changing" offensive, the internet probably isn't for you.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
The highlighted part is the part that stood out to me. How can you look at Eddie's videos, Cindy's pictures, the resurrection of old iron, and the community displayed in all the trip reports and NOT be inspired??? That doesn't make sense to me in the least.

Also if you find the "name changing, and the avatar changing" offensive, the internet probably isn't for you.

Yes, and the avatar changing only happens after a person has gone over the edge.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I hear what you are saying, but change the policy then. Don't allow that kind of thing distract the community. Put some rules in place that don't allow bullying and trolling behavior. There are enough moderators here that quickly engage in the threads, they could easily throw out the warning that the thread will get closed rather than the negative comment.

True, alot of it is trolls.. and I see that and it's pretty easy to look beyond that.. but alot of it is just innocent stuff that somebody doesn't agree with, and they receive immediate grief.

Take a look at this analogy by DDays...

IMG_7945.JPG

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?42102-Y-all-are-fucking-stupid-Go-fuck-yourselves/page12

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie. You sir are the king of the multi quote thats for sure. I guess this was for nothing... if you're going to continue to be so judgmental because its your site... you're going to turn a lot of people off.

:cheesy: You say that like I should care! Again, this is MY HOME on the internet and you are a "guest" using it for FREE. I bet you wouldn't like the sofa I have in my living room but I wouldn't get rid of it just because you don't like it. Likewise, If I cared what people thought, I wouldn't be paying for MY forum to exist with money out of MY pocket. Nobody I know asked you to be here and nobody is making you stay.

For some reason even I don't understand... this was meant to be a little jab, a little comedy but also a little hard truth about the perception of your forum.

LOL!! For some reason even I don't understand is how guys like you come on to a forum you don't like, to give a "little jab, a little comedy" but also to self-righteously preach a about how you believe everyone else should think and behave. God forbid that people on a forum you don't like would have strong opinions that you don't agree with. It's almost as if you don't have any other alternatives out there. :naw:

All I am seeing is its my site ill do whatever i want...

Imagine that. I see you're in Alexandria, VA. Let me come to your house and tell you how shitty your yard looks and how lame your furniture is.

I guess I've wasted everyones time then if you wont take any of this into consideration. Im sure you all are great people, most jeepers are, but you sure don't come off as it on here.

I'm sure this will go right over your head but, you got exactly what you dished out.

I dont want to be here. How do delete my profile? Im gonna keep the dildo avatar though... wayastayingclassy

It's called logging off and never coming back. Fortunately, you live in a great country where you still have that right.

RenegadeUL13

justin.mercure@gmail.com

I find the avatar hilarious

Last edited:

RenegadeUL13

justin.mercure@gmail.com
:cheesy: You say that like I should care! Again, this is MY HOME on the internet and you are a "guest" using it for FREE. I bet you wouldn't like the sofa I have in my living room but I wouldn't get rid of it just because you don't like it. Likewise, If I cared what people thought, I wouldn't be paying for MY forum to exist with money out of MY pocket. Nobody I know asked you to be here and nobody is making you stay.

LOL!! For some reason even I don't understand is how guys like you come on to a forum you don't like, to give a "little jab, a little comedy" but also to self-righteously preach a about how you believe everyone else should think and behave. God forbid that people on a forum you don't like would have strong opinions that you don't agree with. It's almost as if you don't have any other alternatives out there. :naw:

Imagine that. I see you're in Alexandria, VA. Let me come to your house and tell you how shitty your yard looks and how lame your furniture is.

I'm sure this will go right over your head but, you got exactly what you dished out.

It's called logging off and never coming back. Fortunately, you live in a great country where you still have that right.

My furniture is pretty lame. Thanks for not offering to shit on it like you have in other threads!

RenegadeUL13

justin.mercure@gmail.com
And your posts are way to long Sir Eddie for me to read... don't care enough about the future of YOUR website anymore.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My furniture is pretty lame. Thanks for not offering to shit on it like you have in other threads!

Nah, no need for me to do that. Being that you think my forum is pretty lame too, I figured you already took a shit on it. :yup:

And your posts are way to long Sir Eddie for me to read...

Sorry, I should have realized that reading wasn't your strong suit.

don't care enough about the future of YOUR website anymore.

Again, nobody asked you to be here in the first place and nobody is asking you to stay.

Top Bottom