JKX Alaska

GraniteCrystal

:cheesy: And there you have it folks, plenty of people LOVE the new JKX videos and as they should. They're produced by paid professional film crews with high dollar cameras, drones, time to set up shots and are way better at this stuff than Cindy and I could ever hope be. And please know that I'm not trying to be sarcastic or factious. Cindy and know our place and we know full well that we're just amateurs with a Sony Handycam that we bought at Costco. :yup:

Just to clarify, even if you aren't being sarcastic, I think you guys do a great job with the wayalife videos and highly doubt you're using a Sony Handycam...or I need to look into those again before I buy a GoPro 5 Black 😉

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?p=621404

sjd78

Cindy and I are truly flattered and appreciate the kind words. In spite of what some will try to suggest, there is nothing "taboo" about discussing the JKX and Mel and Lisa are still good friends of ours. Attending the JKX is very expensive and very time consuming as we ALWAYS drove out to the locations and back. We literally stopped wheeling a month before each of the events just to ensure our Jeep was in good working order for them. The filming of the events were grueling and it demanded us being the first up in the morning and typically, the last ones to bed. Of course, making videos of them after the fact could easily take a couple of months of solid work as it can take as much as day to produce a minute of footage and contrary to what some seem to believe, this was all done on our dime. I hope you understand that we aren't complaining about any of this as we felt privileged to have attended so many of these events, we simply started to feel like our whole life was becoming the JKX and with them now doing multiple events a year, it literally would be. And... that's far from what we'd prefer our WAYALIFE to be all about.

Again, thank you for your kind words and we hope that you'll continue to follow our adventures even if they aren't a part of the JKX.

Eddie, you and Cindy are very much welcome! You two have earned the praise you received. I've followed all of your adventures through your videos and will continue to do so. Hopefully one of these days I'll get to make a run with you guys!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Dang, I just assumed you were kidding. I haven't looked into those in years. I see now they do 4k.Good for Sony 👍

Cindy had never picked up a video camera prior to us starting to make Jeep videos. She has ZERO education on how to use them or how to edit footage from them. I literally saw a Sony Handycam at Costco years ago and said that we should buy it. She scoffed at me and said, "what would we do with it"? I said I didn't know but maybe we could film ourselves driving our Jeeps. To that, she said, "and do what with it"? Before I could respond, she said that if I really wanted it, I should just buy it and the rest is history. Granted, that first camera was bought back in 2007 and it wasn't HD but the camera that we use now is still pretty old. Hence, it is a part of why we can't get the pretty shots that you seem to like. Of course, the other part is that our "crew" consists of whoever isn't driving :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie, you and Cindy are very much welcome! You two have earned the praise you received. I've followed all of your adventures through your videos and will continue to do so. Hopefully one of these days I'll get to make a run with you guys!

Being that you're just down in Bakersfield, I sure hope that you'll be able to join us on a run in the near future :yup:

g00se04

I think both sets of videos are really good but they are also two different styles of documenting an event.

I like how Eddie and Cindy break up the content into multiple sessions. This style is also like the ... guys when they do their overlanding trips.

Last edited by a moderator:

WJCO

Meme King
Cindy had never picked up a video camera prior to us starting to make Jeep videos. She has ZERO education on how to use them or how to edit footage from them. I literally saw a Sony Handycam at Costco years ago and said that we should buy it. She scoffed at me and said, "what would we do with it"? I said I didn't know but maybe we could film ourselves driving our Jeeps. To that, she said, "and do what with it"? Before I could respond, she said that if I really wanted it, I should just buy it and the rest is history. Granted, that first camera was bought back in 2007 and it wasn't HD but the camera that we use now is still pretty old. Hence, it is a part of why we can't get the pretty shots that you seem to like. Of course, the other part is that our "crew" consists of whoever isn't driving :crazyeyes:

I honestly though Cindy had gone to school for videography. The editing is amazing.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Cindy had never picked up a video camera prior to us starting to make Jeep videos. She has ZERO education on how to use them or how to edit footage from them.

Maybe that is why the videos are so good, not bogged down by convention. Some of the best producers and directors came from different backgrounds. Take James Cameron for example, no formal education, quit his job when he saw Star Wars and started integrating science and art with his completely own creation, Xenogenesis in 1978, started his film career.

In my mind, professional and amateur has nothing to do with quality, only whether one gets paid or not.

Slavens

Caught the Bug
Maybe that is why the videos are so good, not bogged down by convention. Some of the best producers and directors came from different backgrounds. Take James Cameron for example, no formal education, quit his job when he saw Star Wars and started integrating science and art with his completely own creation, Xenogenesis in 1978, started his film career.

In my mind, professional and amateur has nothing to do with quality, only whether one gets paid or not.

Neil - Do you smoke a lot of weed before you get on here and post? Just curious. :bleh:

GraniteCrystal

Ha, I love it! I can totally picture that conversation. Cool to be able to point back to a moment like that and see a fork in the road. What if Cindy had said no? What if Costco was closed that day? #ButterflyEffect. I think a lot of guys on here wouldn't be driving a Jeep!

sjd78

No you know that is NOT what it is Eddie...

I would like to know what it is? I apologize if I struck a nerve with you Drew. My starting this thread wasn't intended as a dig at Offroad Evolution or any of the involved parties. It was just me expressing my opinion. I guess I'm just partial to Eddie & Cidy's creative style. Once again please accept my apology for any offense taken by my post, it wasn't my intention.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think both sets of videos are really good but they are also two different styles of documenting an event.

LOL!! All Cindy and I do is make home videos of trips we've been on.

I honestly though Cindy had gone to school for videography. The editing is amazing.

She's truly flattered you'd say as much.

Thanks Neil, if being paid makes you a professional, we are definitely amateurs but glad you enjoy what we do. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ha, I love it! I can totally picture that conversation. Cool to be able to point back to a moment like that and see a fork in the road. What if Cindy had said no? What if Costco was closed that day? #ButterflyEffect. I think a lot of guys on here wouldn't be driving a Jeep!

:shock: Now that's a crazy thought! :crazyeyes:

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Neil - Do you smoke a lot of weed before you get on here and post? Just curious. :bleh:

Haha ha haa... no, of course not. But that is funny.

No, I am just sincere. I know that a lot of times my sincerity gets questioned, but I am not offended. You are a good friend.

I just tell it like it is. I really do have a lot to thank for being a member on here. I have learned so much.

Come here Billy, give me a HUG!!

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
To be honest, the JKX video was very good. It has great shots, with high quality equipment. Its entertaining to watch. It's shot as a paid production. However, it lacks the personal interest that Eddie and Cindy have captured. Although, I too thought they did videography for a living, they made their videos out of passion and it shows. It is really just two different styles of filming in the end. Both good.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom