JL hood latches on a JK

KirstTD

Part Numbers for JL Hood Latch Kit

I’m totally doing this. Was about to buy some new hood latches but love the look of the JL latches.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

68240951AB for Bracket-Hood Catch = $5.06 each
68240952AD for Latch-Hood = $22.26 each

You will need to Order 2 of each Part Number and the cheapest place to get them is MoparAmerica.

Last edited:

jorgelrod

Hooked

You will need to Order 2 of each Part Number and the cheapest place to get them is ...

Thanks for the Part Numbers, they might ask you to pull the url to the external store though as per forum policy, just FYI

WJCO

Meme King

You will need to Order 2 of each Part Number and the cheapest place to get them is www.MoparAmerica.com

Thanks for the Part Numbers, they might ask you to pull the url to the external store though as per forum policy, just FYI

If it's just a Mopar link that sells Mopar parts, I doubt there will be an issue with it.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
$60 and a bit of work makes this an attractive upgrade. The JL latches seem nice from an operation standpoint. I can only imagine that they do a good job on the highway since they have the metal hoop?

Tae7172

Yes .. I did it

I swapped 2017 jk hood latches with new jl ones. It didn't need to be so much modified , just cut off the nipples from the bottom parts and put it.

Attachments

• 20180416_230522.jpg
    20180416_230522.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 467
  • 20180416_230543.jpg
    20180416_230543.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 436

bill32

Did you have to modify the top piece ? Like take off the rubber bottom or cut it in some way? The Video online install shows cutting off part of the bottom of the top latch and glueing back on the rubber.

Tae7172

Jl hood latch

Did you have to modify the top piece ? Like take off the rubber bottom or cut it in some way? The Video online install shows cutting off part of the bottom of the top latch and glueing back on the rubber.
No.. I didn't do anything with top part. Might be not so tight but hold good..

Tae7172

I would not order these through the site mentioned in this thread they sent me half of what I ordered and did not respond to any emails and they have no phone number listed. I will have to dispute this charge with my bank. One upper and one lower latch is all I received when the invoice clearly states quantity 2.
Sorry to hear that .

Ok, this was so easy to do!!! You’ll need a 10mm, a 13mm and of you want to keep the plastic tangs on the latches, a drill. IMG_5248.jpg

Used our air grinder to widen and cut the two bottom holes a tad deeper. IMG_5251.jpg

And There you have it! IMG_5253.jpg

It does open up the gap a little in the front and “widens” the hood just a smidge[emoji23]. But, so worth it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom