Jon Snow (formerly Plan-C) The WAYALIFE XJ Build

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Thats possibly the cleanest stock XJ I've ever seen. I can't wait for this build. I'd love to have a nice XJ to puts around in :p

Serg5000

I cracked up when I seen this on FB. we picked one up a week ago.
yvu5a8a9.jpg
edeju6ep.jpg
da7uruve.jpg

SDG

Caught the Bug
Looking forward to seeing what you do with it. Possibly making it into an overlander minus the snorkel?

TheDuff

I just sold my 33" toyos :(
Woulda gave them to u for cheap
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
That is one "cherry" Chair-o-kee! The IL-6 is one of the best engines to ever be put in any stock 4WD. I see highly modified examples like Serg5000's all over the trails in Colorado. It's sick what a properly set up leaf spring suspension can do. Best of luck!!:thumb:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
What? No name? Where is the XJ love? :cheesy: All of your other Jeeps have had names.

Edit: I'll throw one out there..."atali". (Cherokee word for "mountain").

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The nice thing about having 2 JK's is that if one breaks, you have a Plan B to keep you out on the trails. But, what happens if your both Plan A and Plan B are broken? Well, you move into Plan C and for us, that would be our bone stock 1997 4-door XJ. With Moby having been out for the count since February and Rubicat needing some TLC after the JK-Experience, it became clear to us that we needed one more option and this thread has been started to highlight it's build. To kick things off, here are a few pics of what it looks like now :cool:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Our goal with this Jeep isn't to make it into a Moby or even Rubicat but rather, just get it higher off the ground and make it capable enough to get us out into the desert and mountains to do the kind of exploring that we love. To get us a bit higher off the ground, we've decided to get a Rancho 2.5" lift with new spring packs and run it with a set of new RS 7000MT shocks. For tires, we'll be buying a set of 33" Nitto Trail Grapplers installed on Level 8 ZX wheels from Discount Tire. Of course, 33's will be a bit tight on just 2.5" of lift but, we plan on helping that out with a little trimming and a set of Bushwacker flares. Things like bumpers and rocker guards are still to be determined.

Anyway, I hope you'll follow and enjoy our build :cool:

Oh yeah, needs a windshield banner before you can go on runs with me. ;)

Top Bottom