Just an FYI for the LT swap

JT@623

Hooked
For those of you with the 6.2 LT from motech make sure you use the A/C Delco oil filter . I just changed my oil and apparently the Amsoil filter is just a little bit bigger around allowing the front drive shaft/U-Joint to poke a hole in it :eek: it will dump 10 quarts of oil really quick :cheesy:

For those of you with the 6.2 LT from motech make sure you use the A/C Delco oil filter . I just changed my oil and apparently the Amsoil filter is just a little bit bigger around allowing the front drive shaft/U-Joint to poke a hole in it :eek: it will dump 10 quarts of oil really quick :cheesy:

Fack! That sounds awful.

jdofmemi

Oh No! That is the definition of a bad day.

I hope you caught it in time before any real damage was done.

wjtstudios

Hooked
That’s scary as hell. Glad you were able to get it back up on the trailer.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

JT@623

Hooked
Oh No! That is the definition of a bad day.

I hope you caught it in time before any real damage was done.
I was able to shut it down quick enough the sudden plume of smoke was quite obvious :shock:
Sounds rough. Hoping this didn't cause any further issues for you. Bad enough on its own.
Good thing I was going slow put the left front up on a rock and poof. worst part was the hike out luckily was able to catch a ride back to the house after getting back out to the main road.
Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

Lol

Reminds me of when I was doing my motor swap and didn’t put the oil fill plug back on. Painted the walls with oil.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I was thinking of that when I was ready for first start, and got back out to double check before turning the key👍

Thanks for sharing your experience, and potentially saving others from a similar fate.

JT@623

Hooked
Not sure if it would apply to the 5.3 . Lesson learned for sure. the way my luck has been lately I could fall in a bucket of titties and come out sucking my thumb :naw:

Attachments

• DCDF9589-EFCF-48AD-83FF-6A853E381A4A.jpg
    DCDF9589-EFCF-48AD-83FF-6A853E381A4A.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 54

JT@623

Hooked
So just an update ran the Jeep up to Motech today even the delco filter was to close for comfort. Ended up making a few adjustments little shim under the motor mount , added some to the bump stops and a little track bar adjustment and it’s all good now we tried like hell to get the drive line to hit the filter not even close now. And I’ll say it again the guys at Motech understand customer service.

Attachments

• 5491061E-4B88-4FCF-AA02-B3D0199B3012.jpg
    5491061E-4B88-4FCF-AA02-B3D0199B3012.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 91EF7302-60CB-4A7B-A98A-D4324405AA13.jpg
    91EF7302-60CB-4A7B-A98A-D4324405AA13.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 29

WJCO

Meme King
So just an update ran the Jeep up to Motech today even the delco filter was to close for comfort. Ended up making a few adjustments little shim under the motor mount , added some to the bump stops and a little track bar adjustment and it’s all good now we tried like hell to get the drive line to hit the filter not even close now. And I’ll say it again the guys at Motech understand customer service.

I don't blame you for wanting more adjustment. After what happened with the oil filter, I'd have that in the back of my mind all the time. Glad Motech got you sqaured away for some peace of mind.

JT@623

Hooked
I don't blame you for wanting more adjustment. After what happened with the oil filter, I'd have that in the back of my mind all the time. Glad Motech got you sqaured away for some peace of mind.
Worse part is the wife was with me and she’s got it in her head now . And she didn’t say it out loud but you could tell she was thinking we paid all that money to have to walk home

Top Bottom