Just finished installing the EVO Enforcer 3" and have a few questions

bkac

Caught the Bug
I just got done with my 4" enforcer last weekend and it came with the rear lines..(although I did have to go buy the lower bolts for the sway bar links)

I got the lower bolts but no brake lines for the rear.

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

bkac

Caught the Bug
I got the lower bolts but no brake lines for the rear.

Here are some shots completed

Love the look and height

1407613831151.jpg 1407613844343.jpg 1407613858086.jpg 1407613874212.jpg

bkac

Caught the Bug
Looks good, hopefully you'll get the kinks worked out. That's the 3"?

Yes and anyone wondering it raised the front 3-1/2 with factory bumper and no winch and the rear 3-1/8 with the factory bumper and a 35 mounted to the door. That until the LoD bumper arrives. It drives amazing even with just the 5100 shocks.

sent using the WAYALIFE app...

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Yes and anyone wondering it raised the front 3-1/2 with factory bumper and no winch and the rear 3-1/8 with the factory bumper and a 35 mounted to the door. That until the LoD bumper arrives. It drives amazing even with just the 5100 shocks.

sent using the WAYALIFE app...

that's awesome! do you have the factory track bar up front also? if you ever disconnect, just watch the ss bracket on the tie rod hitting the track bar. the little pinch ears sometimes hit it with the factory bracket rotated like that. i could be wrong since you have the front track bar raised, but i just know that it's close

Coloradan

As the thread says I just finished installing my Enforcer 3" with 5100's...
Here is what the rear of mine looks like with the 3" Enforcer and the EVO rear track bar relocation bracket, let me know if you need any measurements. Mine came with the rear brake lines as well. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407618196.241641.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407618207.695741.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407618226.158632.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1407618265.121590.jpg

That bracket looks to be right around 3" higher.
At 3" of rear lift the axle should be center with a 3" bracket.

Looks great man. I was considering the evo coils for a while.

Yeep

Looks good! If anyone has time to post a pic of the front, I would appreciate it.... Just curious on how you routed your front brake lines

bkac

Caught the Bug
that's awesome! do you have the factory track bar up front also? if you ever disconnect, just watch the ss bracket on the tie rod hitting the track bar. the little pinch ears sometimes hit it with the factory bracket rotated like that. i could be wrong since you have the front track bar raised, but i just know that it's close

I have the synergy flip kit so i relocated the SS.

sent to you from sunny central Oregon!

Coloradan

Thanks!!
I ended up running my brake line and abs harness on the other side of the shock because for some reason I was worried about it getting caught up between the shock and coil...now it seems like its way out in the open and can snag on branches and stuff...

I may have to swap it back around..

I haven't run into any problems yet, and this setup seems pretty well-protected. I'll try to watch for pictures of your finished product!

Yeep

So here's another question...(sorry it's long)

I got done with my lift last week (enforcer 4"), I put my sway bar end links on the inside so I could drive the jeep down to get the tires and wheels put on.

Tires (37's) on and don't have any rubbing.

Last night I had some time so I got around to putting a shorter bolt in the upper swaybar end link since I had the stock ones in there and my kit didn't come with the bolts.

I jacked up each side and swapped the bolt individually then drove it to the store and the rear right tire now rubs on the front lower wheel well of my bushwacker flare on right turns or bumps.

It looks like the right tire is now about 3/4 of an inch from the flare (towards the front of vehicle).

The left one is about 1 1/2" from the same point on that side..

Anyone have an idea on what to check to get it back in line (or what could have caused the right side of the axle to shift forward that much)?

The only thing I could think of is when I jacked the left rear wheel up I used a wood board on the jack to get the axle up just high enough to get the tire off... I placed the board and jack under where the evo raised draglink bracket is which was bolted and tightened. I have not had the time to weld this bracket to the axle yet. So maybe the board somehow pushed up on the bracket and it rotated or something just a little? By looking at it , it doesn't seem like it has moved at all and everything is still tight..

Anyone have any ideas on where to start looking.. Thanks!

Last edited:

bkac

Caught the Bug
So here's another question...(sorry it's long)

I got done with my lift last week (enforcer 4"), I put my sway bar end links on the inside so I could drive the jeep down to get the tires and wheels put on.

Tires (37's) on and don't have any rubbing.

Last night I had some time so I got around to putting a shorter bolt in the upper swaybar end link since I had the stock ones in there and my kit didn't come with the bolts.

I jacked up each side and swapped the bolt individually then drove it to the store and the rear right tire now rubs on the front lower wheel well of my bushwacker flare on right turns or bumps.

It looks like the right tire is now about 3/4 of an inch from the flare (towards the front of vehicle).

The left one is about 1 1/2" from the same point on that side..

Anyone have an idea on what to check to get it back in line (or what could have caused the right side of the axle to shift forward that much)?

The only thing I could think of is when I jacked the left rear wheel up I used a wood board on the jack to get the axle up just high enough to get the tire off... I placed the board and jack under where the evo raised draglink bracket is which was bolted and tightened. I have not had the time to weld this bracket to the axle yet. So maybe the board somehow pushed up on the bracket and it rotated or something just a little? By looking at it , it doesn't seem like it has moved at all and everything is still tight..

Anyone have any ideas on where to start looking.. Thanks!

So are you saying the axle is twisted front to back? It sounds like this is on the rear. The trackbar bracket shouldn't cause this, it corrects the axle side to side centering and it really cant move with the center bolt installed in the bracket. Sounds really odd since you didn't touch you rear control arms. Have you discovered anything yet? Are any of your control arms loose/worn bushings...

Sent from my SCH-I925 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeep

Yup seems like it's twisted a little front to back (meaning the right wheel is closer towards the front of the vehicle than the left.... And this is the rear axle

I doubt any of the bushings are worn out since the jeep only has less than 3k miles on it and it was fine until I swapped those upper end link bolts.

I figured the track bar didn't have anything to do with it since it just controls side to side.

If I get time tonight I may just jack it up again and loosen, then Re torque everything

bkac

Caught the Bug
Yup seems like it's twisted a little front to back (meaning the right wheel is closer towards the front of the vehicle than the left.... And this is the rear axle

I doubt any of the bushings are worn out since the jeep only has less than 3k miles on it and it was fine until I swapped those upper end link bolts.

I figured the track bar didn't have anything to do with it since it just controls side to side.

If I get time tonight I may just jack it up again and loosen, then Re torque everything

Check and make sure the springs didn't come out of there seats. Really the only things that controls the front and rear position of the axle are the 4 control arms And being they're factory they shouldn't have changed.

Top Bottom