Just Gotta Say

Firewrangler

WOW!!!! I've watched the Part 1 and 2 of the JK-Experience a couple of times now. Holy Hell!!!! I found this forum after buying my JK and putting a sub par "cheaper" lift on it. I've since discovered that saving money up front just means that you'll spend it later when it comes to lifts and probably most everything else you put on your Jeep. I know I've seen people get a little upset so to speak when Eddie pushes EVO or Warn, but that's what the man believes in because it been proven to work for him. I read through the winch post and watched it get a little heated. I even thought some of it was a little to much, but I get what Eddie means when he says he wheels HARD! I understand some people just don't have the budget that others do (that includes me) so you have to make compromises. I settled for a Quadratec winch, and it may bite me one day that I did, but I know for me it will probably serve it's purpose at the hunting camp and as a decorative bumper ornament! I hope some day I can make a trip like that with Eddie and the rest of those guys! And if my Chinese made winch implodes, I'll gladly take an "I told you so!" It would be worth it just to see the trail in person as I've seen it on those videos! My hats of to y'all Eddie! That is just bad ass!!
Wonder if I can talk the wife and kid into saving for a trip out west instead of Disney?

WOW!!!! I've watched the Part 1 and 2 of the JK-Experience a couple of times now. Holy Hell!!!! I found this forum after buying my JK and putting a sub par "cheaper" lift on it. I've since discovered that saving money up front just means that you'll spend it later when it comes to lifts and probably most everything else you put on your Jeep. I know I've seen people get a little upset so to speak when Eddie pushes EVO or Warn, but that's what the man believes in because it been proven to work for him. I read through the winch post and watched it get a little heated. I even thought some of it was a little to much, but I get what Eddie means when he says he wheels HARD! I understand some people just don't have the budget that others do (that includes me) so you have to make compromises. I settled for a Quadratec winch, and it may bite me one day that I did, but I know for me it will probably serve it's purpose at the hunting camp and as a decorative bumper ornament! I hope some day I can make a trip like that with Eddie and the rest of those guys! And if my Chinese made winch implodes, I'll gladly take an "I told you so!" It would be worth it just to see the trail in person as I've seen it on those videos! My hats of to y'all Eddie! That is just bad ass!!
Wonder if I can talk the wife and kid into saving for a trip out west instead of Disney?

I have a similar story about how I found WAYALIFE only did not do enough research in the beginning. I am happy to say learning is the best part about owning a Jeep. Sometimes learning can be expensive but worth the experience.

I would suggest just start saving and then surprise them with a trip.

R/
Will

Angry Aussie

Same goes for me to. I put on a few small mods before I find the site. I'm so glad I found it and because of it I have a awesome jeep! I love all my evo products.

But on the winch front, I too bought a quadratec cause I needed something before a trip I went on. I didn't need it for the trip but I did need it last weekend and I wasn't using it long before it started smoking! I didn't put much strain on it and it still smoked. After last weekend I will be pulling the quadratec winch and adding a warn as soon as I can afford one.

Jackal01

Same goes for me to. I put on a few small mods before I find the site. I'm so glad I found it and because of it I have a awesome jeep! I love all my evo products.

But on the winch front, I too bought a quadratec cause I needed something before a trip I went on. I didn't need it for the trip but I did need it last weekend and I wasn't using it long before it started smoking! I didn't put much strain on it and it still smoked. After last weekend I will be pulling the quadratec winch and adding a warn as soon as I can afford one.

Which model smoked? I have a Q9000s and have used it many times without one hiccup.

Just curious.

Angry Aussie

I have the q9500i. Don't get me wrong it did it's job pulling the jeeps but I wasn't using it very long and it was smoking pretty good. I just don't think a winch should smoke after maybe 5 mins of use. I just want a proven product I can trust will work or won't break on me when I'm stuck somewhere. Maybe I just got a bad one. I just wasn't happy to see the smoke so quickly. It's just my opinion, but I'm switching to warn as soon as I can.

Rivertoys

Make is Disneyland! Disneyland to Magic Kingdom, Disneyland is a better park anyway. Disneyworld in general has much more to offer, but at least Disneyland will get you out west. :thumb:

Firewrangler

I have the q9500i. Don't get me wrong it did it's job pulling the jeeps but I wasn't using it very long and it was smoking pretty good. I just don't think a winch should smoke after maybe 5 mins of use. I just want a proven product I can trust will work or won't break on me when I'm stuck somewhere. Maybe I just got a bad one. I just wasn't happy to see the smoke so quickly. It's just my opinion, but I'm switching to warn as soon as I can.

Great! I bought the 9500is

Top Bottom