Just moved to Friendswood/Houston

Jackboeker83

So I just retired from the Army after 21 years and moved back home to the Houston area. I am looking for people to hit the trail with. There are Jeeps everywhere in this area but most of them from what I can tell are mall crawlers or just hang out at the beach. Anyone from this area that actually hits the trails?

Thank you for your service! I know there's plenty of wheeling to be done out there, hopefully someone from TX will chime in on where to go and explore - know there's quite a few on here.

So I just retired from the Army after 21 years and moved back home to the Houston area. I am looking for people to hit the trail with. There are Jeeps everywhere in this area but most of them from what I can tell are mall crawlers or just hang out at the beach. Anyone from this area that actually hits the trails?
Trails? Near Houston? It is totally flat for half a days drive from there. And evening is fenced private property. Maybe Arkansas or an off-road park in the hill country near San Antonio and Austin is the only hope.

Or you could take the opportunity and move west!

Jackboeker83

I am 100% aware I am going to need to drive. That’s why I specifically asked for people or groups. I plan on taking 1 big trip a year (Moab or Colorado) but they have a couple off-road parks in Texas. 1 is in marble falls and el duro then you have big bend national park. I have time to find peeps. Just didn’t know if anyone on here was around this area.

jeeeep

Hooked
I am 100% aware I am going to need to drive. That’s why I specifically asked for people or groups. I plan on taking 1 big trip a year (Moab or Colorado) but they have a couple off-road parks in Texas. 1 is in marble falls and el duro then you have big bend national park. I have time to find peeps. Just didn’t know if anyone on here was around this area.
Palo Duro has a couple of yearly events, one as part of Jamboree and another around September.

search for Palo Duro Challange, Jeep exclusive

Palo Duro has a couple of yearly events, one as part of Jamboree and another around September.

search for Palo Duro Challange, Jeep exclusive
This is one of the better areas in Texas, but it is a long drive from Houston. If driving that far, he might as well drive to far west Texas, or to a real Western state with wilderness and scenic views, and which is more than a big hole in the ground.

jeeeep

Hooked
This is one of the better areas in Texas, but it is a long drive from Houston. If driving that far, he might as well drive to far west Texas, or to a real Western state with wilderness and scenic views, and which is more than a big hole in the ground.
it is, but everything is a long drive in Texas lol

Jackboeker83

I am used to driving and I am retired... Nothing says I have to do it one day. Yes we could have moved to Colorado or anywhere for that fact but you can not beat the benefits (no property tax, no state tax, I go to college for free, my kids go to college for free, no airport parking fees, no toll fees, free car registration, and there are more) I get being in Texas and Houston may not have a ton of trails but you will never be bored while here. We are 20 mins from our beach house, 10 mins from a big lake, 8 mins from the bay, 15 mins to downtown Houston. Its a great location, just not the best for scenic trails.

Top Bottom