KBD Fenders And Inner Fender Liners?

TerraJL

I'm considering buying some KBD fenders:

For those of you who have installed these, what inner fender liners are you using? I don't want to cut my OEM inner fender liners as I am going to be selling the entire OEM fender set to someone.

I'm curious to know what aftermarket inner fender liners fit with the KBD fenders. Waiting on them to open so I can call and ask them. But, I'd appreciate any feedback here as well.

Thanks,

TerraJL

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I assume you just want the fender liners because of how they make your Jeep look? Because, they really aren't needed otherwise.

TerraJL

I want them to prevent mud and dirt/grit from getting in the engine bay. The inner fender liners help with that.

TerraJL

Anyway, back to my original question, does anyone know if there are any liners that are compatible with the KBD fenders?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I want them to prevent mud and dirt/grit from getting in the engine bay. The inner fender liners help with that.
I don't know about that. I've been running without fender liners on my JK for over 15 years and over 250k miles and I've never had any issues with an abnormal amount of dirt or grit getting into the engine bay but then, that's just me.
Also, why would the factory include fender liners if there wasn't a function to them?
To hide the unfinished look of the engine up front and body in the rear. That's it.

TerraJL

So, there's no benefit to them even with the wiring for the lighting and the battery cable, etc? Wouldn't the fenders hide and protect these items?

TerraJL

I guess I'm not going to get an answer to my question, lol. I appreciate the time regardless. Have a great day!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, there's no benefit to them even with the wiring for the lighting and the battery cable, etc? Wouldn't the fenders hide and protect these items?
Nope, no benefit that I've ever seen and that's why I don't run them and haven't for years and years. This even through the deepest of mud.
20230328175429-b150604a.jpg

main.php

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I guess I'm not going to get an answer to my question, lol. I appreciate the time regardless. Have a great day!
LOL - sorry, not a fan of aftermarket fenders and couldn't answer the question for the specific fenders you're wanting but typically, most fender liners work with anything. That said, I might recommend you contacting the fender manufacturer and see if they can tell you if there's anything about their design that would prevent you from running an aftermarket liner. That's what I would do.

TerraJL

Thanks guys, not a problem. It was a stretch anyway. I hadn't heard of them before about a month ago. After doing some research and reading reviews of some people who have them, KBD seems like a very solid company. Also, parts are made in the USA.

TerraJL

Nope, no benefit that I've ever seen and that's why I don't run them and haven't for years and years. This even through the deepest of mud.
20230328175429-b150604a.jpg

main.php
In your fender chop video you specifically say you like the inner fender liners and mentioned you wanted to keep as much of them as possible when doing the chop. So, you don't like them anymore?

@6:25 in this video:

In your fender chop video you specifically say you like the inner fender liners and mentioned you wanted to keep as much of them as possible when doing the chop. So, you don't like them anymore?

@6:25 in this video:

That is an instructional video. Plus, the stock liners look nicer than any aftermarket option and especially if you're keeping the factory fenders. I'd either run stock or none. Depends on what you have in the way such as a giant ass triple bypass coilover system for example...

Depends on what you have in the way such as a giant ass triple bypass coilover system for example...

I agree with this.

OP, it just depends on what you think looks best with your particular setup.

Long term testing seems to show that your jeep will survive without inners.

I run inners because think they look cool for my jeep because all I have to show off down there are some dirty old Metalcloak springs and a blown monotube shock…if I had gnarly brackets and coil overs, etc, I’d ditch the inner liners.

I think Evo makes a cool half liner if you’re into that kinda thing…

Top Bottom