Kill it With Fire

boardsurfer

Now, Im not about to defend Starwood here. We've all seen their abominations at SEMA. :icon_crazy:

So here we have the Bandit. A 7 liter, 700 horsepower supercharged Hemi in a JK truck.

7ccfcb59b74e4c60892a65fe847596a4.jpg

47ccb77c3ca94a9fa89e6a02bfbe61cc.jpg

bb8f359e0cd54badb4ff0c71dfbc8159.jpg

I know what you're thinking. If you know Starwood, you expect a stock D30 between those hideous wheels...:cheesy:

854e5949146a42b5904a8b2157c26e5a.jpg

Spider 9 axles. Have they actually done something right? Will those handle 40s and 700hp? The rest of the suspension is still a mess of Teraflex long arms and Fox Resi's. Not really up to the task. :doh:

$250k. :shock:

Nice try, Starwood.

Wardell

That thing has large wheels with low profile tires too. That's just asking for a bent rim on the trail. I'm not sure if Starwood is trying harder and continuing to fail, or just finding new places to find their "bling."

Saw this the other day and thought to myself, "Starwood must have been busy..." Turns out these are their Jeeps waiting to be sold. Ugh, where's a flamethrower when you need one?

Need a Flamethrower.jpg

Seriously, these guys need to be banned from touching and ruining any more Jeeps. At least they take off the "Trail Rated" badge when they give them that shitty paint job... that should be a hint to any prospective buyers that they're no longer capable of being used for their intended purpose.

Last edited:

Tree Frog

That is a very interesting photo. That is one heck of a lot of money in inventory just sitting there getting older everyday. You would think they would do a couple at a time, or even on an order basis instead of doing a big load of them, then having them sit there until sold.

Wardell

To be honest, apart from their show rigs and other special projects I thought they did make them to order. After seeing that photo, and taking a look at their website, that doesn't seem to be the case at all.

From what I see on their website, the majority of what they have for sale are 2015s and have had one previous owner. That kinda makes me think they've been buying repossessed vehicles in bulk for cheep at auctions, and then blinging them out and selling them at an inflated price. If that is true, then at least they aren't getting them straight from Jeep, but it does make their fate a bit more tragic... :grayno:

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425129086.158796.jpg

I think some of these extras are stock on this otherwise fine JKU. I should have taken this picture from the side so that the side marker light protection, the huge side decals could be seen and other eye catching add-ons.

Top Bottom