King Of The Hammers 2015 official thread

travisk

We actually stop to help right his jeep back onto four wheels and he blew us off and refused the help.

10986883_829305890465121_7655378599703619414_n.jpg

Greg just wanted you to know, that even though all this talk about Mel's bad ass recovery and hammer down. In the video I was watching you and you're just as badass! Sitting up tall in the seat head up looking down the line hands in your lap cool as a cucumber! Then I thought I bet Greg has his imaginary gas pedal hammered to the floor also! What a team and you both are bad ass for sure WTG! brother!

GCM 2

Greg just wanted you to know, that even though all this talk about Mel's bad ass recovery and hammer down. In the video I was watching you and you're just as badass! Sitting up tall in the seat head up looking down the line hands in your lap cool as a cucumber! Then I thought I bet Greg has his imaginary gas pedal hammered to the floor also! What a team and you both are bad ass for sure WTG! brother!

Thank you for the kind words sir! My job as co-driver is taken very seriously by me. There is easily a 50% chance I can be responsible for a screw up, I don't want that kind of voodoo weighing down on my shoulders. I'm committed to everything that happens, good or bad, when I suit up and climb into the race car. ;)

Last edited:

Rccrwlr

Thank you for the kind words sir! My job as co-driver is taken very seriously by me. There is easily a 50% chance I can be responsible for a screw up, I don't want that kind of voodoo weighing down on my shoulders. I'm committed to everything that happens, good or bad, when I suit up and climb into the race car. ;)

There is no doubt that it's a rough job. In and out of the rig pulling winch Line. Navigating. Focus is key. Hats off to both of you. But the ride, the ride looks like a blast!

GCM 2

After I watched this video of Eric Miller's Last Chance Qualifier (LCQ) I sent it to Mel. We both agreed that it reminds us our communications that go on in the car. In the LCQ there is only 2-3 minutes of driving so its pretty hectic right out of the gate. This video should give some perspective of what I am doing in the car for the driver. I will only add that I do not get amp'd up, I stay relaxed to help the driver stay calm and focused, but the verbiage that Eric Miller's co-pilot uses is almost word for word my commands to Mel. Enjoy.....

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
After I watched this video of Eric Miller's Last Chance Qualifier (LCQ) I sent it to Mel. We both agreed that it reminds us our communications that go on in the car. In the LCQ there is only 2-3 minutes of driving so its pretty hectic right out of the gate. This video should give some perspective of what I am doing in the car for the driver. I will only add that I do not get amp'd up, I stay relaxed to help the driver stay calm and focused, but the verbiage that Eric Miller's co-pilot uses is almost word for word my commands to Mel. Enjoy.....

Thanks for sharing Eric's video! Really gives some insight to everything go on inside the car and how important working as a team is!

Thanks again!

JAGS

Hooked
the verbiage that Eric Miller's co-pilot uses is almost word for word my commands to Mel. Enjoy.....

That was pretty intense. Thanks for sharing the race driver's experience with us. The cool factor must where off over time. Sitting in EVO1 all I could do was grin. Ha ha.

It was also very cool for Mel to lead us through a portion of the qualifier course on the run. We were rolling pretty slow and can't imagine how it must be trying to go max speed to qualify or during a race.

Couple of cool cats...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423628943.646577.jpg

ttfhell

Pretty sick.

GCM 2

But first, let me take a selfie!

Haha! Yes! I'm just glad Mel takes a ton of photos, if it wasn't for him I would not have any proof I was actually there.

That was pretty intense. Thanks for sharing the race driver's experience with us. The cool factor must where off over time. Sitting in EVO1 all I could do was grin. Ha ha.

It was also very cool for Mel to lead us through a portion of the qualifier course on the run. We were rolling pretty slow and can't imagine how it must be trying to go max speed to qualify or during a race.

Couple of cool cats...
P

Jason, I was really glad to see that you made it out for the event. Thanks, again, for all the help. Glad you enjoyed doing the little Saturday trail ride :thumb:

Pretty sick.

Yes, I was almost pretty sick all day Sunday up until the point we hit Steer and Stein for a late lunch. I was told that "car bombs" and mutliple brands of low grade beer were safe to drink by a fire from 7pm Saturday night until 3am Sunday morning. When I find that guy that lied to me, I am going to kick him right in the taint...... Wait, are you talking about the video :thinking:

Rob and Erik are in sync. Like you, Rob can read a map. ;)
What is impressive is Scherererer did that 6 (or 7 seconds) faster solo.
:icon_crazy:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Haha! Yes! I'm just glad Mel takes a ton of photos, if it wasn't for him I would not have any proof I was actually there.

Pretty sure Adam has the screen shot of you shirtless blown up and hanging above his bed. I'm sure he'd send you a copy if you agreed to autograph his...in person. ;)

GCM 2

Pretty sure Adam has the screen shot of you shirtless blown up and hanging above his bed. I'm sure he'd send you a copy if you agreed to autograph his...in person. ;)

I only sign the foreheads of babies 12 months and younger.....So no dice for Adam.

Top Bottom