KING Shocks long-term corrosion issues?

pkulick2

king corrosion

Had mine less than 6 mnts ans 3 out of 4 look like shit. King is no help because they offer 90 days but it doesn't affect the perfomace. So you get a high end shock that performs well but looks like shit. I won't buy them again. Many other choices for the trails and rock crawling. They know its a huge issue but really don't do anything to improve the look. Makes me question their R&D for the use for the common Jeeper.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Had mine less than 6 mnts ans 3 out of 4 look like shit. King is no help because they offer 90 days but it doesn't affect the perfomace. So you get a high end shock that performs well but looks like shit. I won't buy them again. Many other choices for the trails and rock crawling. They know its a huge issue but really don't do anything to improve the look. Makes me question their R&D for the use for the common Jeeper.

News flash, you live in the rust belt. This is not Kings fault or any other company's.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King

cool-story-bro-mdshsn.jpg .......

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Funny, my King coil overs and bypass shocks still look good and I've been running them for years :thinking:

20170217093542-3e56ed6f.jpg

Oh wait, I live in Nevada and have Cindy who likes to keep them looking shiny :crazyeyes:

PATRIOTKJM

Zinc flake coating or powder coat is the only think that will keep the bodies from corroding. The bodies are Zinc plated. They cannot be anodized as the body is steel, except the res. Kings plating process is the best in the industry but if youre in a salt concentration area they are going to oxidize unless you do a secondary coating such as zinc flake or powder coat.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom