Knock Sensor

ganseg

New to me 2008 2 dr Rubicon with 125 k. I bought a TrailDash 2 so I can adjust for tire size change and to use as a backup camera. Anyway, it has a knock sensor readout and even at idle it reads .2 volts. On the highway it reads .6. When I floor it, it gets as high as 1.4 volts. Superchips says it should be 0. I don't hear anything, but my hearing is not as good as it used to be. Also, on the readout of timing advance, it is often in the 30+ degree range - doesn't seem to be retarding.

My engine seems solid to me. Uses a little oil, like 1/2 qt in 3000 miles. I get 20 mpg on my 27 mile freeway commute using regular unleaded.

I just ran a tank with techron, and today filled with 93 octane gas. In 15 miles, the knock voltage did not go away. I am wondering if the sensor is picking up noises that aren't predetonation. And if so, should I change it? TIA.

Last edited:
Do you have a code or something? What led you to even look into this. If you're readings are the same with different gas, I guess you could put in a new sensor for peace of mind.

Top Bottom