Last minute feeler (Disney ok)

BlackHawk08jk

Ok I know it's short notice, and summer time is busy but I'm going to run some trails at hogans off-road park in Disney ok July 18th. Going to arrive Friday evening then wheel all day Saturday (the 18th) All that said I was seeing if there is any WAL members from the area interested in joining.

Ok I know it's short notice, and summer time is busy but I'm going to run some trails at hogans off-road park in Disney ok July 18th. Going to arrive Friday evening then wheel all day Saturday (the 18th) All that said I was seeing if there is any WAL members from the area interested in joining.

We'll be on our way back from the beach that weekend. Have a blast and don't unintentionally go down any waterfalls!

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
If you ever have any questions or need any info about Disney, feel free to let me know. I have a house there and have been going there for 37 years.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
How would you rate the park? And how easy is it to navigate?

Everything from mild to wild. It's not a terribly huge place, especially if the trails and rocks are cut off by the dams releasing water. I would call hogans and ask about conditions before you go.

Trails aren't well marked but fairly easy to figure out. Rock areas are wide open so no issue there. Overall a fun place to go especially if you have water toys to play with and make a long weekend of it. State park right there has some nice camping spots. Good fishing and golf as well.

I've led groups there a few times and we had all classes. Always had a good time. Can probably find the old posts and pics at jk-forum.

Kalums

So I'm gonna show my "doh!" side but I thought you guys might need a laugh....

So when I initially glanced at the title of this thread, I saw Disney and thought wow that would be awesome get a ton of Jeeps/ppl and all our kids together @ Disneyland and make a day of it.... Yup I have kids and that's how my brain works. 😉

BlackHawk08jk

Everything from mild to wild. It's not a terribly huge place, especially if the trails and rocks are cut off by the dams releasing water. I would call hogans and ask about conditions before you go.

Trails aren't well marked but fairly easy to figure out. Rock areas are wide open so no issue there. Overall a fun place to go especially if you have water toys to play with and make a long weekend of it. State park right there has some nice camping spots. Good fishing and golf as well.

I've led groups there a few times and we had all classes. Always had a good time. Can probably find the old posts and pics at jk-forum.

Ok, I will call for sure and thanks for the info.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug

So when I initially glanced at the title of this thread, I saw Disney and thought wow that would be awesome get a ton of Jeeps/ppl and all our kids together @ Disneyland and make a day of it.... Yup I have kids and that's how my brain works. 😉

Don't worry, you're not the first and certainly not the last. It's a tiny town in NE Oklahoma with some pretty epic rock crawling formed by the dam spillways on each side of the 'island'

BlackHawk08jk

That would be a good meet and great lol

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Here's some pics from a run I did 6(!) years ago.

In the winter the water tends to be down and so a lot of fun is exposed. There's been so much rain that a lot of the rocks will be under water likely, if the dams are even closed. The trails are always open, but you have to get them via the service road in Tiajuana when you can't cross the water, which is half the fun.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Here's some pics from a run I did 6(!) years ago.

In the winter the water tends to be down and so a lot of fun is exposed. There's been so much rain that a lot of the rocks will be under water likely, if the dams are even closed. The trails are always open, but you have to get them via the service road in Tiajuana when you can't cross the water, which is half the fun.

I hope you don't mind. I removed your link to the other forum. If you would like to share your photos please post them up here. :thumb:

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Wish we could make this one, but with such short notice and 3 more hours of driving than you have, it'll be hard to make it. Hopefully next time because I've heard good things about Disney

BlackHawk08jk

Wish we could make this one, but with such short notice and 3 more hours of driving than you have, it'll be hard to make it. Hopefully next time because I've heard good things about Disney

Meh we will all have to go some time. I know the short notice in the summer is tuff to work around.

Top Bottom