Let's talk roof racks.

The BAD Influence

I love the Maximus 3 rack, most of which is made by Rhino. For shirts and grins, I included a pic of the rack covered in mud.... just in case you wanted to know what that looks like....

View attachment 249815
View attachment 249816
View attachment 249817

Sent from my Galaxy Tab S2 using WAYALIFE mobile app
I have a couple questions about this rack: 1) Are there adapters available to mount for carrying kayaks or bikes? 2) If you take the top off, can you put the rack back on to carry a kayak? Thanks.

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Would a front runner rtt fit on this platform or would you need the larger platform???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yowza, no idea. There are two sizes of Rhino rack that fit the Maximus 3 mounting brackets: 60x54" and 76x54". But to figure out if the RTT is compatible, you would need to do some research on how the tent mounts to the rack and then study the Rhino Pioneer platform accessory options and see if you can make something work. I haven't looked into that. Good luck though! If you figure it out, post it up here.

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have a couple questions about this rack: 1) Are there adapters available to mount for carrying kayaks or bikes? 2) If you take the top off, can you put the rack back on to carry a kayak? Thanks.

(1) Yes there are kayak carrier options available. Search for "Rhino pioneer platform accessories" and you should find a link with the options.

(2) You can absolutely do this. The hardtop is just sandwiched between the bottom and top halves of the bracket. You can remove the rack and the hard top, leave the inner brackets installed, and then reinstall the roof rack on top of the inner brackets without the hard top. I think when you search for this rack, there are images out there showing this configuration.

Good luck!

The BAD Influence

(1) Yes there are kayak carrier options available. Search for "Rhino pioneer platform accessories" and you should find a link with the options.

(2) You can absolutely do this. The hardtop is just sandwiched between the bottom and top halves of the bracket. You can remove the rack and the hard top, leave the inner brackets installed, and then reinstall the roof rack on top of the inner brackets without the hard top. I think when you search for this rack, there are images out there showing this configuration.

Good luck!

Awesome. Great information. Thanks

HogBlock

Haven't mounted it yet, but a super cheap alternative, a jeep XJ stock rack. Yes you have to drill into the top, and no you won't have it if the top is off, but they can be had at salvage yards super cheap ( bought mine off a guy parting his out for $25 bucks ) spent $14.50 on paint and silicone and about $8 on bolts and such. Once mounted, I found a rack off Craigslist for $50 that fits it and it will hold about 80lbs. Yes I understand, not a ton of weight, but for less than $150, I can at least put the tent and light crap up there and free up a ton of space in the rig. Pics to be coming soon as it's Ball season and with one in baseball and the other in softball, free time on the weekends does not exist in this dojo!!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom