Lift for JKU on 40s & Junkyard Tons

phillypete

I just finished up my axle swap and now have the old gal rolling down the street on 40s, unfortunately my current lift doesn't give me nearly enough up travel before the axle pumpkins start smashing things (pun intended) to soak up even small speed bumps at moderate speeds.

The JKU came with the MOPAR Stage 3 lift, which has done the job up until this point. The documentation says it should be giving me 4" of lift, but it certainly doesn't seem like it. Maybe the springs are tired.

My use case is mostly family camping adventures. I'm not what you would consider an offroad enthusiast. Occasionally I'll hit an offroad park for the the wheel time, but I stick to the easier trails. I don't like to push things too far. Typically driving the jeep gets us to the adventure and is not adventure itself. I like to be able to handle dirt roads faster than the average bear without worrying about chipping a tooth and also do some modest rock crawling.

For the moment I've dumped enough money into this beast, so I want to get it back to offroad capable in the most budget conscious way. Coilovers probably aren't in the cards right now unless you can convince me they are the only way to make it work.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like you need to install taller bumpstop extensions. Cheap, easy to install and they should help keep your diff from hitting things (your engine?).

phillypete

Thanks Eddie!! I will order those ASAP, but I think that is only half the problem.

Currently I have less than an inch of clearance from the top of the front axle to the track bar mount. I would have to have my bump stops touching the axle while sitting flat.

Is there a modification to the track bar mount?

Do you think new springs are in order?

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Thanks Eddie!! I will order those ASAP, but I think that is only half the problem.

Currently I have less than an inch of clearance from the top of the front axle to the track bar mount. I would have to have my bump stops touching the axle while sitting flat.

Is there a modification to the track bar mount?

Do you think new springs are in order?

This is a fairly common problem and most relocate the track bar mount further forward.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom