Lift Kit Longevity?

FOSJ

I've got a 2014 JKUR with 172K miles. In 2015, at 48K I had a Teraflex 2.5" lift and 35" KO2's installed. The jeep is our everyday driver and the majority of our off-roading is trails, even though we do put it through its paces occasionally in Moab and Ouray. In 2019 I replaced the Fox shocks that came with the lift, installing the Teraflex Falcons. We were fortunate enough to purchase a Factory Lifetime Warranty which covers all mechanical and electrical maintenance issues, so we intend on keeping the jeep for many more years.
Now for my question....how long do lift kits last? After 6 years and 130K miles should I be looking to change out the lift? Or since I've already upgraded the shocks, should I be looking at individual components such as the springs, etc?
We're really not looking to add more lift, just wondering if we can improve the over the road ride quality. I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks

Quality varies wildly sometimes with price sometimes not. Things like bushings and shocks are where you’re gonna see the most wear. Unless your springs are sagging lower then they used to be they’re fine. And you won’t find any love here for anything with the name teraflex especially when speaking of quality and longevity.

Teraflex and longevity aren't typically used in the same sentence. But if you're happy with the ride, sounds like you lucked out. No need to replace something that isn't broken though.

I've got a 2014 JKUR with 172K miles. In 2015, at 48K I had a Teraflex 2.5" lift and 35" KO2's installed. The jeep is our everyday driver and the majority of our off-roading is trails, even though we do put it through its paces occasionally in Moab and Ouray. In 2019 I replaced the Fox shocks that came with the lift, installing the Teraflex Falcons. We were fortunate enough to purchase a Factory Lifetime Warranty which covers all mechanical and electrical maintenance issues, so we intend on keeping the jeep for many more years.
Now for my question....how long do lift kits last? After 6 years and 130K miles should I be looking to change out the lift? Or since I've already upgraded the shocks, should I be looking at individual components such as the springs, etc?
We're really not looking to add more lift, just wondering if we can improve the over the road ride quality. I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks
What lift did you get? Did it come with control arms or just spacers or springs? As mentioned bushings would be a big concern on TF control arms as they used to crack just for the fun of it.

Top Bottom