light bar options/opinions

Hey guys

Looking for any experience with different LED light bars. I have had Rigid before and loved them but as you know, they are expensive. I don't mind paying for quality but am curious about some of the other recent offerings I have seen. Specifically the Quadratec branded light bars and those from Rough Country. They have the same look and in some cases more output in regards to lumens.

Who has experience with any of these or others!? How did you wire them and show it off!

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Wrong thread spot. Please removw

Hey guys

Looking for any experience with different LED light bars. I have had Rigid before and loved them but as you know, they are expensive. I don't mind paying for quality but am curious about some of the other recent offerings I have seen. Specifically the Quadratec branded light bars and those from Rough Country. They have the same look and in some cases more output in regards to lumens.

Who has experience with any of these or others!? How did you wire them and show it off!

Thanks

Welcome. I moved your 3 posts here to the light bar thread.

I have purchased off of Amazon some Auxbeams. I have been very happy with them. Just look for the true Auxbeam site on there. Believe it or not there are knock offs of less expensive lights out there.:cheesy:

I have a 42 inch Eyourlife one. As soon as I got it, I took it apart and siliconed all the seams. It's been fine. Whole thing with wiring was 130 bucks. Rigid does have good quality, but not worth the price IMO, especially for something most people don't even use that often.

I have purchased off of Amazon some Auxbeams. I have been very happy with them. Just look for the true Auxbeam site on there. Believe it or not there are knock offs of less expensive lights out there.:cheesy:
This happened to me. Inspect upon arrival. There's a good YouTube video on how to tell the difference.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Build thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=32769

Take a look on Craigslist in your area and see if you may have a neighbor selling them. That way you can swap it out if there's any problems down the road. Local guy in my area imports a chunk of parts from china, has them assembled in CA and sells them out of his home as more of a side business/hobby. I had no idea I'd actually seen him around a few times. (clue: talk to the guy at the meet and greets on the trail with way too many LED lights all over his Jeep..LOL)

Hey guys

Thanks

I have a 52" curved light bar, 22" hood light bar, and 6 spots (2 front facing, 2 side facing and 2 rear facing) all made by Oslamp/Auxbeam (AMAZON) wired up to an sPod touchscreen unit with 8 inputs. The 52" and 22" are mounted using rugged ridge mounts, the 4 front spots are on a basic Amazon mount and the 2 rear spots I just made basic brackets. The sPod touchscreen was way more expensive than the lights but I love being able to Dim/Strobe/Flash the lights and I can wire anything else up to it (currently my CB and soon an air compressor) without having to worry about fuses/relays/etc.

If you want pictures or have any questions feel free to shoot me a message.

I have a 52" curved light bar, 22" hood light bar, and 6 spots (2 front facing, 2 side facing and 2 rear facing) all made by Oslamp/Auxbeam (AMAZON) wired up to an sPod touchscreen unit with 8 inputs. The 52" and 22" are mounted using rugged ridge mounts, the 4 front spots are on a basic Amazon mount and the 2 rear spots I just made basic brackets. The sPod touchscreen was way more expensive than the lights but I love being able to Dim/Strobe/Flash the lights and I can wire anything else up to it (currently my CB and soon an air compressor) without having to worry about fuses/relays/etc.

If you want pictures or have any questions feel free to shoot me a message.

Awesome man! How is the wear and tear on the auxbeams? Sounds like a sweet light setup! You're happy overall with the lights and output?

Thanks for the feedback so far guys! Anyone have experience directly with both expensive and budget versions?

On my previous jeep I had 2 sets of rigid duallys. I'm thinking of some setup of a 50" on the windshield, dually type on the A-pillar, maybe the 5 vertical LEDs in the grill slots (from Rough Country) and some sort of extra on the bumper (legal for driving with other cars to supplement the stock fogs in bad weather), as well as some diffused dually type lights for backup.

Here is my old. The silver 2door
IMG_0169.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile appIMG_0207.jpgImage1481852822.145174.jpg

For what its worth, i have Rough Country a-pillar leds and they are turrible. The pattern is bad, theyre full of condensation, the lenses turned yellow and the black finish is peeling off. Less than a year old. Rigids were delivered today.

Maybe it's just me, but I just can't see the need for a 50" light bar other than looks. I just bought 2 rigid duallys for my a-pillars and combined with led headlights and fogs, the amount of light is literally obscene!

I have a 42 inch Eyourlife one. As soon as I got it, I took it apart and siliconed all the seams. It's been fine. Whole thing with wiring was 130 bucks. Rigid does have good quality, but not worth the price IMO, especially for something most people don't even use that often.

On my 08 jk had the 50" in the same brand. Got it off amazon. Worked well, crazy amount of light.

I'm just going with a pillars this time.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

For what its worth, i have Rough Country a-pillar leds and they are turrible. The pattern is bad, theyre full of condensation, the lenses turned yellow and the black finish is peeling off. Less than a year old. Rigids were delivered today.

Thanks for the feedback man! Was anything under warranty replacement?

I am worried. I have watched YouTube videos of the auxbeams and others doing the same. Severe fading, condensation and discoloration

Maybe it's just me, but I just can't see the need for a 50" light bar other than looks. I just bought 2 rigid duallys for my a-pillars and combined with led headlights and fogs, the amount of light is literally obscene!

Agreed. It is a little of both. I love having a ton of light for the practicality of being able to see with lights pointed in different spots but yes... It is also looks. Hence not wanting to spend over $1000 on a rigid for the 50". However, around $300 for a rough country for look and extra light? That's doable

Thanks for the feedback man! Was anything under warranty replacement?

I am worried. I have watched YouTube videos of the auxbeams and others doing the same. Severe fading, condensation and discoloration

I honestly didnt even look into it. Mostly because im not interested in them sending me another set lol.

Add: it really is just a crap shoot on the cheapo brands. Some work great, some are junk. If you have the spare coin, id look into a nice set thatll last. If you dont, or dont feel its that important, go for ebay light. In the end its your rig and your cash.

Last edited:
Top Bottom