Lighting the Way with KC Slim Lights on an EVO Hoop & Flex Lights on JET

JAGS

Hooked
I’ve been eyeing those KC slims for a while now. Interested to see/hear what you think of the output. I don’t want a light bar, so the slims is where I was leaning.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks great! KC is definitely the way to go!

Thanks! I've really been liking KC's line of LED lights :yup:

Looks good

I’ve been eyeing those KC slims for a while now. Interested to see/hear what you think of the output. I don’t want a light bar, so the slims is where I was leaning.

Honestly, these are super bright and put out a very controlled spot of light. I'm really happy with them but would recommend that you add a set of spread beam lights on the out side of your bumper or on the A-pillars to help fill in the outer edges. Even a set of LZR's like what we have on Moby would work out great.

Looks good eddie, did you just take apart the flex bar you had to get those single lights?

Nope, I just bought a pair of Flex single in a spread beam from Amazon https://amzn.to/3t3Vt1v

Figured at $91 a piece, they were worth a try for fog lights. I got them not as a kit so that they would be cheaper and since I didn't need their wiring kit. I may still get amber lens covers for them too. :cool:

benatc1

Hooked
Thanks! I've really been liking KC's line of LED lights :yup:

Honestly, these are super bright and put out a very controlled spot of light. I'm really happy with them but would recommend that you add a set of spread beam lights on the out side of your bumper or on the A-pillars to help fill in the outer edges. Even a set of LZR's like what we have on Moby would work out great.

Nope, I just bought a pair of Flex single in a spread beam from Amazon https://amzn.to/3t3Vt1v

Figured at $91 a piece, they were worth a try for fog lights. I got them not as a kit so that they would be cheaper and since I didn't need their wiring kit. I may still get amber lens covers for them too. :cool:
Oh nice, I ended up with a pair of new inbox sae baja lights from a buddy for $100 that I'm going to try out for dogs, but they may be bigger than what I want. If so I may look up these singles being I already have the flex bar.

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
Thanks! I've really been liking KC's line of LED lights

Thanks for the recommendation. So would it be a bad idea to put the slims on the outside of the bumper rather than the hoop and put something like LZRs on the hoop? This is what I was thinking, but maybe that won’t work with pattern of the KC slims.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh nice, I ended up with a pair of new inbox sae baja lights from a buddy for $100 that I'm going to try out for dogs, but they may be bigger than what I want. If so I may look up these singles being I already have the flex bar.

Well, I hope what you got works out being that they were so affordable. If they are too big though, you can be sure that these flex singles are not :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the recommendation. So would it be a bad idea to put the slims on the outside of the bumper rather than the hoop and put something like LZRs on the hoop? This is what I was thinking, but maybe that won’t work with pattern of the KC slims.

Oh no, if you have the means to mount them on the outside of your bumper, that would work out well.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Added some amber covers on the KC Flex lights that we're using as fog lights and really like how they came out and look. :cool:

20210321215335-9d9b569f-me.jpg

20210321215330-4386efb3-me.jpg

20210321215334-648bfb7d-me.jpg

pop2tu

Added some amber covers on the KC Flex lights that we're using as fog lights and really like how they came out and look. :cool:

20210321215335-9d9b569f-me.jpg

20210321215330-4386efb3-me.jpg

20210321215334-648bfb7d-me.jpg

Look sweet. How does it do lighting up in front of you. I’ve tried some amber lenses on cheaper lights and it really drops down the usable amount of light.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Look sweet. How does it do lighting up in front of you. I’ve tried some amber lenses on cheaper lights and it really drops down the usable amount of light.

Honestly, for how small they are, they do a pretty damn good job of providing light in front of me. But, the reason I wanted them is because the LED headlights are way too white for dust and even worse in snow. The amber lights help to yellow things up nicely across the board and I think they'll help provide much better visibility in those conditions. I'll try to get a shot of how much they light the way with just the fogs on.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, I should also note that I talked to KC and found out that the Flex Single Lights like what you see in these photos are NOT discontinued. Only the Flex Bar, gen1 dual and quad have been discontinued. :yup:

jamesish

This may be answered somewhere else but what’s the make/model of that front bumper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom