Line Lock for winching

Lamonicas

I recently discovered that the Rubicon has line lock from the factory. I have a Superchips Traildash 3 tuner and on the crawl page you can lock the front or rear brakes or both when winching but I cannot use that function because I have a 2016 Wrangler JKU sport . I want to install line lock so I can lock the brakes instaed of putting all that pressure on the transmission when in park. Has anyone installed line lock (roll control) on there non Rubicon? I have line lock on my '68 Camaro so I know how it works but there is a little bit of a difference between 1968 braking and 2016 braking. Thanks everyone in advance for your responses.
Darryl

Attachments

• 20240409_084507.pdf
    236 KB · Views: 8

Ddays

Hooked
I have been…once, when winching someone else around a corner with a snatch block
But if someone's still in the vehicle why the need for the linelock?

Maybe OP has a good reason - I'm just wondering why the need for locking the brakes?

GP NOIR

Hooked
Because line locks are another tool in the tool box. Line locks work better than the parking brake. Instead of standing on the brakes during a long recovery you could lock them. Lock the front brakes for better burnouts. Bragging rights. Line locks may not be necessary, but they are useful.

Top Bottom