Lod Bumper

snowrubi

I really like watching the old videos but I noticed alot of you ran the lod rear bumpers. In the newer videos you have switched to the evo style. I really like the design of the lod and just want to make sure it is a solid unit.

I really like watching the old videos but I noticed alot of you ran the lod rear bumpers. In the newer videos you have switched to the evo style. I really like the design of the lod and just want to make sure it is a solid unit.

It is a solid unit. The EVO is built to carry a much larger tire, and a lot of those guys run 40's. Up to 37's you will have no issues with the LOD. You could probably go larger, but I would upgrade to the EVO if I had 40's.

It is a solid unit. The EVO is built to carry a much larger tire, and a lot of those guys run 40's. Up to 37's you will have no issues with the LOD. You could probably go larger, but I would upgrade to the EVO if I had 40's.

yup a lot of the guys still run the LoD bumpers. Trail Bud comes to mind and he runs 40's on spiderlocks/slabs. if i wented a full bumper and tire carrier i would have gone with LoD myself

Last edited:
I had a fellow Jeeper help put on my LoD bumpers and he kept commenting about how sturdy and strong they are. i am running 35's. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1421867154.789812.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1421867073.576558.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1421867103.177730.jpg

Last edited:
I ran the LoD rear bumper with tire carrier for a while before giving it away when I moved on to bigger tires. That thing is solid and will protect you and yours nicely.

I have the full width rear bumper with gen III tire carrier from LOD. I have come down hard on a couple of rocks and it is still there. Very solid and would and have recommend it several times.

LoD is solid and built very well, the customer support is also top notch! I beat the crap out of mine and it held up well. Great product.

I am pretty sure this is what I will be going with in the near future.

What are peoples thoughts between the full width and stubby? My plan is stubby, just want to make sure I am not missing a good reason to get the full width.

I bought the stubby and was glad I did. I personality like the look a lot better, especially with the factory trimmed fenders.

I run the stubby bumper with the door linked tire carrier and it's great. Nice having the door linked carrier. Looks good too. I would definitely recommend it

I run the stubby bumper with the door linked tire carrier and it's great. Nice having the door linked carrier. Looks good too. I would definitely recommend it

This is exactly what I have, I even mounted the jerry cans, and a trail rack along with a heavy Toyo 37 and slab. It's not recommended but works great!

Here's a picture

Here's a few of mine as well ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1421876398.963591.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1421876470.148216.jpg
Side note, my third brake light is zip tied on in these pics so that's not how it'll normally sit. LOD forgot the bracket when they shipped it, which by the way they handled very well, they sent one out the next day.

I have the same as well. Very solid bumper. Definitely recommend too. The only thing I would have done differently is ordered it for the rigid flush mounts. With the inside mounted lights, you have to remove the bumper/carrier to change a bulb.

I'm hoping mine shows up any day now. It's been 3 weeks since I ordered it. I went with the stubby with linked carrier and rigid flush mount light cuts.

Speaking of the lights in the rear bumper, how are you guys wiring them in? With the reverse lights or on a separate switch?

Top Bottom