Long Arms (and Coilovers)

jwolfejt

Caught the Bug
Does anyone out there have a true long arm (front and rear) setup for the Gladiator ? I seen somewhere that Evo was working on one but I haven't seen it offered (or anyone running it). Thinking ahead...

I think I saw that EVO did a custom one off trailing arm type rear on a JL or JT but not sure.

I've heard one of my friends talk about some company with a 3 or 4 link kit but I wasn't paying attention because I don't have a JT

I can't wait to see how this turns out. I know its more involving to install (and i'll probably have a shop do this) but the results are deff worth it.

Yup, same reason why I don't have a HEMI in my JK. They are really big, really heavy and have a lot of issues with overheating. Also, an LT is a much more modern engine with more real power from idle and I like that it can be coupled to an 8 or 10 speed transmission.
Not to mention the LT is cheaper than an equivalent Hemi swap.

Now this is something to look fwd to!
Yup, its a shame that they don't offer a Gladiator with a v8 option - but I am perfectly content with the 3.6. The OD gears on the 8 speed are really really tall (I am guessing for fuel economy reasons).

Iron Rock has a bolt on long arm kit for front and rear. Convenient, but I'd wait for EVO, haven't heard good things about the Iron Rock set up.

Iron Rock has a bolt on long arm kit for front and rear. Convenient, but I'd wait for EVO, haven't heard good things about the Iron Rock set up.
Yup I seen that - but it seems like a whole lot of work to bolt on new mounts - you still have to cut the old mounts off it looks like - after reading through and watching the process - i am willing to bet it will be easier (if you can weld ofcourse) and more secure to just weld the new control arms mounts into place.

Does anyone out there have a true long arm (front and rear) setup for the Gladiator ? I seen somewhere that Evo was working on one but I haven't seen it offered (or anyone running it). Thinking ahead...
I’m running an evo coilover setup and RPM STEERING three link long arm in the front.

Top Bottom