Long vs mid arm lift kits

Mauses

I've been looking at upgrading my lift kit for a while now and can't decide or figure out what the difference is in a long arm vs mid arm kit if someone could give me the general run down it would be much appreciated. whichever kit i choose it will be a 3.5 it is my daily driver but also my weekend toy and in the end i want to run 37s.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I've been looking at upgrading my lift kit for a while now and can't decide or figure out what the difference is in a long arm vs mid arm kit if someone could give me the general run down it would be much appreciated. whichever kit i choose it will be a 3.5 it is my daily driver but also my weekend toy and in the end i want to run 37s.

Long arm moves the frame side mounting points further from the axle. Allows the arms to sit at a shallower angle and keeps the axle from swinging in such an arc during travel. You really don't need long arms at 3.5 because the suspension geometry doesn't get thrown that far out of whack from that low of a lift. Mid arm is kind of a gimmick. All the attachment points are still stock but the arms are slightly longer, by like an inch. Could cause interference with other parts of your rig.

I see you have 3.5 lift which can handle 37 tires.
Why do you want to change it?

I still only want a 3.5 but the lift i have now is imo terribly in every way and i'm hoping getting a better kit will help with the handling because currently the amount of bump steer i have will literally end with my death.

I still only want a 3.5 but the lift i have now is imo terribly in every way and i'm hoping getting a better kit will help with the handling because currently the amount of bump steer i have will literally end with my death.

LOL. Go with EVO enforcer 3 or 4 with plush ride coils and you should be happy. No need to go crazy in your case.

You will not be disappointed with the Enforcer, the drag link flip, and the Ranchos. Perfect balance on and off road for me. Handles shitty LA freeways at speed, and rocks in first gear-low range perfectly for me. My wife said it is way more comfortable than her Civic.

Long arm moves the frame side mounting points further from the axle. Allows the arms to sit at a shallower angle and keeps the axle from swinging in such an arc during travel. You really don't need long arms at 3.5 because the suspension geometry doesn't get thrown that far out of whack from that low of a lift. Mid arm is kind of a gimmick. All the attachment points are still stock but the arms are slightly longer, by like an inch. Could cause interference with other parts of your rig.

LOL, this ^^^! The term "mid" implies "middle" but a set of control arms that are about an inch too long are far from what I'd consider "half way" between a factory length arm and a true long arm which is about 10" longer.

Top Bottom