Lookin for Illinois Jeepers

metalic

Met Kevin in a stretched 2dr. When was there and tried spotting h up this. Ended up pulling line

Attachments

• 1442627934062.jpg
    1442627934062.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 64

metalic

This is the only other one I have. I started talking to him because he was stickers up from the 15 JKX east coast. Cool guy. I wish I could of got more pics but was trying to spot him up that

Attachments

• 1442702291897.jpg
    1442702291897.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 63

JLSilerJK

We plan on trying to get a trip to badlands before year end if possible. We have a club run in southern Indiana, toys for tots and a lbl trip planned in the next month and half so not sure if we'll squeeze it in. Badlands also does a toys for tots also.

metalic- Is that toys for tots "Run" on dec 6th? I'm hoping to take the day off of work

Man this thread blew up in a good way! its making me want to get back to the badlands! anyone have wednesdays off work?

metalic

metalic- Is that toys for tots "Run" on dec 6th? I'm hoping to take the day off of work

Man this thread blew up in a good way! its making me want to get back to the badlands! anyone have wednesdays off work?

It looks like it on there calendar. I'm not sure if will make this but I hope so. I may be swapping rear axles around this time if everything works out.

mattyice

Central IL

Hey late to this but im from the springfield area! Would love to get a trip going this winter or maybe even just a meet for the guys from and around central IL!

Relentless

Recently joined the forum and learning a lot. First time owning a JKU and wanting to do more mods and one of them is adding a stubby bumper. I was wondering if its legal here in Illinois. Worried about investing the money. Any help would be appreciated.

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
Recently joined the forum and learning a lot. First time owning a JKU and wanting to do more mods and one of them is adding a stubby bumper. I was wondering if its legal here in Illinois. Worried about investing the money. Any help would be appreciated.

The bumper must be a minimum of 4.5" in vertical height and extend no less then the width of the wheel track. So yes, a shorty bumper is not legal. It's also a class C misdemeanor. That being said, most officers I know don't care about it or know. It's the bumper height that might catch the attention of a state trooper or sheriff. Local law enforcement don't care as much because they are busy. I'm not telling you to break the law though. ;-)

Last edited:

Relentless

The bumper must be a minimum of 4.5" in vertical height and extend no less then the width of the wheel track. So yes, a shorty bumper is not legal. It's also a class C misdemeanor. That being said, most officers I know don't care about it or know. It's the bumper height that might catch the attention of a state trooper or sheriff. Local law enforcement don't care as much because they are busy. I'm not telling you to break the law though. ;-)

Hahaha...thanks! I'll just stick with a full size or see if I can find a decent mid-width. LOD series looks nice.

Top Bottom