Looking for info on trails/events in the Blackhills area.

ESSAYONS12B

I'm fairly new to the life of offroad. I have a fairly capable rig and ND/Man DON'T have much of a challenge. Blackhills SD could be done on a 4 day weekend for me. There doesn't seem to be much online about this area. I'm wondering if anyone has any info on trails or upcoming events or advice on how to obtain info. I'm looking for some real challenges as far as trails. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Open to fellow jeepers to join
mBazjG7H
Rigs

15 JKU Rubicon
3.5" RK X-Factor lift
37" MTR Kevlar
Sliders, Bumpers, Winch, Beadlocks

13 JK 2 Door Sport
Rubi Axles Front and Rear
3.5" RK X-Factor lift
37" SS IROK radials
Sliders, Bumpers, Winch

wyorubi

The black hills 4-wheeler club does an event every summer called Jeep Camp close to Deadwood. Its usually in June or July. The trails over there are pretty decent and known for breaking rigs if you get to wild. I believe there is a video of Mel from offroad evolution climbing Hal Johns Waterfall with EVO1, which is a well known obstacle over there. I have never done anything in the blackhills but I have heard that most of the trails are unmarked and difficult to find. I would google the Black Hills 4x4 club or Trailheaders 4x4 club in Gillette WY. Trailheaders club also does an event with a ND 4x4 club up by Watford City every summer. Most of those guys run buggies and some extremely built jeeps and full size rigs, although there are some mildly built rigs to. I am not a member of either of these clubs and I only know about them from searching for trails in my neck of the woods. Some of the trails over there to google or youtube would be Fruity Pebbles, Kong, and Iceman( I think this is the name for Iceman but I could be mistaken, I know its Ice something). Hope this helps, maybe someone on here from SD will chime in with some more info. Oh and dont forget to post up a wave and tell us about yourself and your rig. I am from ND and its always nice to see new members from there.

Last edited:

ESSAYONS12B

The black hills 4-wheeler club does an event every summer called Jeep Camp close to Deadwood. Its usually in June or July. The trails over there are pretty decent and known for breaking rigs if you get to wild. I believe there is a video of Mel from offroad evolution climbing Hal Johns Waterfall with EVO1, which is a well known obstacle over there. I have never done anything in the blackhills but I have heard that most of the trails are unmarked and difficult to find. I would google the Black Hills 4x4 club or Trailheaders 4x4 club in Gillette WY. Trailheaders club also does an event with a ND 4x4 club up by Watford City every summer. Most of those guys run buggies and some extremely built jeeps and full size rigs, although there are some mildly built rigs to. I am not a member of either of these clubs and I only know about them from searching for trails in my neck of the woods. Some of the trails over there to google or youtube would be Fruity Pebbles, Kong, and Iceman( I think this is the name for Iceman but I could be mistaken, I know its Ice something). Hope this helps, maybe someone on here from SD will chime in with some more info. Oh and dont forget to post up a wave and tell us about yourself and your rig. I am from ND and its always nice to see new members from there.

Thanks for the info greatly appreciated. I will post a Wave soon.

Top Bottom