Made my own Mikeybilt Tailgate Table/Molle Rack!

HeyOK

Here's my take on this project. I built it back in September and it is still doing well, but think I might look into some (I think I have the name right) Baltic Birch Ply for the shelf as I think it will be stronger. No complaints about it though.

Paracord is being used for the supports. Originally I was going to use cable but the paracord is easy to work with and doesn't rattle around when the shelf is folded up.

Nutserts are used to hold the aluminum angle to the gate. The shelf is just a piece of pine shelf. The hinge is nothing more than a 1/4 - 20 bolt that threads into a threaded insert on each side.

thread_insert_b.jpg

To help keep the bolt from ripping out of the wood, another piece of angle was used. It distributes the force over a much larger area and keeps the wood from splitting.

ArmyofMike

Here's my take on this project. I built it back in September and it is still doing well, but think I might look into some (I think I have the name right) Baltic Birch Ply for the shelf as I think it will be stronger. No complaints about it though.

Looks Good! I like the angle iron supports you made. Must be very sturdy for support.

Top Bottom