Maggie the Yellow JKU

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Wrangler stickers

Another small mod but one that to me, brings it a more finished look to the hood. I really like this style of Rubicon lettering, but since I have a sport and don't like posing, I just went with the Wrangler badge. I removed the small Wrangler sticker from the side between the sport and unlimited stickers to avoid redundancy and fortunately the spacing there still works. I placed the new stickers a little bit rearward to mimic factory placement of the actual Rubicon ones. The sunset hit the Jeep just right so it almost looks like a Dozer.

IMG_0213.jpg

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
The newest thing I bought for the Jeep is a 2012 Ford Focus. I wanted a daily driver to get the Jeep off the road except for fun things and trails and have been looking for a while. I stumbled across this one and I think I just about stole it for $8k. It is a one owner (not a rental) and has 40k on it for milage and is really loaded. Sunroof, power everything with big touch screen display and backup cam. Sony sound system with factory sub and amp and other related speakers and even has two tone leather interior. The exterior is near perfect and has new tires and alloy wheels. It gets 30-37 mpg, so that's a big improvement. I've only got about 18k miles on the Jeep but I want it around for a long time. I've been finding I don't enjoy it as much having had to drive in heavy traffic all the time and we are looking at homes that are farther away from work so that was a factor as well. It really is a fun car... as cars go, and now when I get in my Jeep it's a thrill again. Plus the Ford is pretty low so when I jump in the Jeep it feels HUGE afterwards. So far everyone thinks it's kind of funny to buy a car for your other car, but after all these years I'm finally in a place to do it (without taking on another loan) and I've alway wanted a toy and a daily. The plan from here is to finish paying the last few years on the Jeep and then trade the Ford in on a Dodge Ram that we can use to comfortably travel in and tow the Jeep when we want to.

unnamed.jpg

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Still waiting on the tailgate armor which I have gotten sent the wrong ones twice. First, polished diamond plate aluminum, then black diamond plate aluminum. Just send the non-textured 12 gauge black powder coated steel already. Although I am still waiting on the rotopax mounts as well. They were supposed to have shipped the beginning of this week. What I do have is my King stabilizer that the final bracket is supposed to be in tomorrow, so I should be able to put that on this weekend. Then there is the big project. I got a Poison Spyder cage. Going to dry fit this weekend, I hope, and get it off to powdercoat monday. Compared to Rock Hard, this should be a real nice big pain in the ass to install. Still a good cage with the look and features I was personally looking for. As far as the stabilizer goes I didn't need one necessarily. But since I'm going to the new PSC big bore steering box later on I thought I'd run the King to match the rest of my shocks as I'm only on 37's and don't really need hydro for what I do.

unnamed-1.jpg
unnamed.jpg

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I am curious to see how will you like the big bore box. I am also looking at that, hopefully I can upgrade soon. I will probably upgrade my entire steering. Steering box, curries links and knuckles.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Still waiting on the tailgate armor which I have gotten sent the wrong ones twice. First, polished diamond plate aluminum, then black diamond plate aluminum. Just send the non-textured 12 gauge black powder coated steel already. Although I am still waiting on the rotopax mounts as well. They were supposed to have shipped the beginning of this week. What I do have is my King stabilizer that the final bracket is supposed to be in tomorrow, so I should be able to put that on this weekend. Then there is the big project. I got a Poison Spyder cage. Going to dry fit this weekend, I hope, and get it off to powdercoat monday. Compared to Rock Hard, this should be a real nice big pain in the ass to install. Still a good cage with the look and features I was personally looking for. As far as the stabilizer goes I didn't need one necessarily. But since I'm going to the new PSC big bore steering box later on I thought I'd run the King to match the rest of my shocks as I'm only on 37's and don't really need hydro for what I do.

Nice! Looks like you've got some fun projects in the waiting.

gheller

Awesome build, you've made some great moves on Maggie. She looks stunning.

The mishap with the first hood was a blessing as the hood now is killer.
Great work on the Maggie crossbones decal.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
I am curious to see how will you like the big bore box. I am also looking at that, hopefully I can upgrade soon. I will probably upgrade my entire steering. Steering box, curries links and knuckles.

I'll definitely do a write up and review when I get that far. Excited about it but it won't be until early fall most likely.

Nice! Looks like you've got some fun projects in the waiting.

For sure, thanks for checking out my build Eddie!

Awesome build, you've made some great moves on Maggie. She looks stunning.

The mishap with the first hood was a blessing as the hood now is killer.
Great work on the Maggie crossbones decal.

Thanks! It really was a better situation in the end on the hood.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Well that was really easy.

I can't believe what shops charge to do this. ANYBODY can handle it. So, I have a King steering stabilizer, A Synergy tie rod clamp, and a rough country axle side bracket which I chose in order to get that side of the stabilizer as low as possible, every other bolt on option had that side mounted much higher up, thus the stabilizer was at a steep angle which I don't like. I was looking for as parallel as I could get.

Last edited:

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Let's get this party started!

Got out there at 7 to try and beat most of the heat. I figured whatever I don't get done today (supposed to be 104-106 degrees) I'll finish up tomorrow morning and I'll probably start earlier. Took about an hour and a half to strip the Jeep and it is ready to start dry fitting the roll cage. All in all, I think it went faster than I thought it would coming apart doing it by myself.

IMG_0236.JPG

Fortunately, I have a very understanding wife.

IMG_0237.JPG

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
This is just a high end (overpriced) steering stabilizer. With the big bore steering box you are supposed to be able to run a up to a 37 inch tire without hydro assist. I think that depends on your wheeling style like if you are wedging your tires between rocks a lot then maybe stick with hydro assist. The big bore box has a larger diameter shank and more turning power. For me, with a combination of street use and medium duty trails, I didn't need the big upgrade there. Right now I still have the factory box and it is fine. So one level up is perfect.

gmb425

This is just a high end (overpriced) steering stabilizer. With the big bore steering box you are supposed to be able to run a up to a 37 inch tire without hydro assist. I think that depends on your wheeling style like if you are wedging your tires between rocks a lot then maybe stick with hydro assist. The big bore box has a larger diameter shank and more turning power. For me, with a combination of street use and medium duty trails, I didn't need the big upgrade there. Right now I still have the factory box and it is fine. So one level up is perfect.

Got it; that makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the response.

GRBG TRK http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?38800-Garbage-Truck-(GRBG-TRK)

Top Bottom