Mammoth wheels?

They are probably the house wheels that they have made in china and sell them "exclusively". They look decent, but who knows how well they will do on the trails.

Anyone know of a "reputable" / known company that has a simulated headlock with a replaceable "rock ring".

I like the idea of a replaceable ring to protect the wheel but can't quite justify bead locks (daily driver, new to jeeps, but do envision crawling and Oceano dunes sand). And a bit scared of the bead lock maintenance / risk - but maybe need to learn more.

Help appreciated on a great head lock thread and a wheel with a protective "rock ring".

Anyone know of a "reputable" / known company that has a simulated headlock with a replaceable "rock ring".

I like the idea of a replaceable ring to protect the wheel but can't quite justify bead locks (daily driver, new to jeeps, but do envision crawling and Oceano dunes sand). And a bit scared of the bead lock maintenance / risk - but maybe need to learn more.

Help appreciated on a great head lock thread and a wheel with a protective "rock ring".

Discount tire sells the Level 8 wheels that have a replaceable rim protector. Tracker Pro, and Bully Pro both have the rings.

You probably won't find any love for Extreme Terrain, here, and may be able to buy similar looking wheels from Discount Tire, cheaper. They have a rebate going on on these wheels.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/wheels/level_8/size/bySize.do?wd=17&bp=5|127|5&rw=-1

I second these wheels from DT. I've personally ran some of these Level 8 wheels and they are great quality for the price. Plus, Discount tire is an excellent company that I have no problem giving money too :)

I just got the Tracker Pro's about a month ago, 2 thumbs up, except I still dont have the lug nuts they are supposed to come with. Store has never received them.

In fact, I should call them about it today.

Top Bottom