Maps of Red Rock/Dove Springs California

scrota76

Anyone have pdf maps or just images on their phone of maps for Red Rock?

My buddy has a map from a run he did a couple years ago and it doesnt seem accurate. His map shows a Black Canyon Trail off Randsburg Road, but i can not find a trail by that name in the area anywhere on the Web.

Any map images would help. Thank you.

Also, is Nightmare Gulch open right now?

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

scrota76

You're not gonna get anyone to post trail maps on here. Especially of an area that has had sections closed down. Do your own research.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I've been trying. I have been out there 4 times looking for this friggin Black Canyon and i swear it doesn't exist. Last Chance, no problem. Goler Gulch, got it. Nightmare, i stay away because there always seems to be Parks employees around there in May (not rangers). I even bought books that supposedly had detailed directions, but those were directions to glyphs and sea snail fossils.

Even if someone could private message me a starting GPS coordinate. Or maybe even confirm the existance of this trail it would be much appreciated. I will keep it my secrete.

Except you OverlanderJK, you are like the Grinch that stole my dream. Big meanie. But i really understand your point. Dont want granola eating, Bic razor protesting types snooping here for places to close down.

So, after my rant i guess i will let this one go. Unless someone can just confirm the existence of this trail in the Red Rock area, and if it does exist i will keep digging.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
There are websites out there that are helpful for locating trails.

And they SUCK for existing. The internet has just made it way too easy for people to find and ruin great trails especially out here in the west. I hope you don't mind that I edited out your referral.

BaddestCross

Anyone have pdf maps or just images on their phone of maps for Red Rock?

My buddy has a map from a run he did a couple years ago and it doesnt seem accurate. His map shows a Black Canyon Trail off Randsburg Road, but i can not find a trail by that name in the area anywhere on the Web.

Any map images would help. Thank you.

Also, is Nightmare Gulch open right now?

Nightmare Gulch is closed to motorized vehicles until further notice. You can drive in off the 14 to a parking area then hike in to an overlook from what I understand.

The Friends of Jawbone has a good map of the legal trails in Red Rock, Jawbone, and Dove Springs for sale in their information center. They also have a companion app of the map available.

scrota76

Thanks for all the replies. I will just let this post go cold. I will just enjoy the experience of being in the desert with like minded people and doing some exploring. I just need to enjoy the adventure.

Eddie, if you want to just remove this post thats fine by me. I did not mean to break rules, i was just frustrated with a incorrect map given out during a club run.

I am sorry for not paying attention to rules.

Top Bottom