MedixJK build thread

Grubbicon

Matt mine does that. However I cant day how it does bout holding water out considering I havent been in the rain with it.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450624094.985321.jpg

uberc4

That's weird that your top leaks. I would probably double check the plastic channel rails. I have been going back and forth on whether or not I want to switch from the factory to the trektop. Glad to see people switching back the the factory soft top! :thumb:

That's weird that your top leaks. I would probably double check the plastic channel rails. I have been going back and forth on whether or not I want to switch from the factory to the trektop. Glad to see people switching back the the factory soft top! :thumb:
I just have a nack for changing things up on a whim lol. I dig the old school look and the extra stacking room in the back. Yea its weird. Almost like the fabric isnt wide enough where that seam is. It came off a jku so i know it should fit fine. Heres a better pic. Im attempting to weather strip it.

Attachments

• 1450629618634.jpg
    1450629618634.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 254
  • 1450629639641.jpg
    1450629639641.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 255

uberc4

Actually found a picture of mine. It almost looks like your plastic channels don't extend over the doors.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450632086.299439.jpg

Grubbicon

Matt is yours the old or knew fabric style? I know mine is the old and it clips into the frame. Mike has the new style and his just sits like the trektop does.

Matt is yours the old or knew fabric style? I know mine is the old and it clips into the frame. Mike has the new style and his just sits like the trektop does.
Its old style that clips under the surrounds
Actually found a picture of mine. It almost looks like your plastic channels don't extend over the doors.
your right it does not which is weird, but it looks to be made that way.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I'm jealous! Really like your awesome build. How are you liking the Cobra,and Ranchos? I am thinking about getting toe 7000's. Also, did you have to do anything for spare tire when installed? Someone told me I need a relocate bracket, but I think that is only needed if you are running a bumper. I have the Rubi wheels like yours and going to make the jump to 35's. Really leaning towards an aggressive AT like the KO2 or Toyo Xtreme's, HOWEVER seeing yours with the MT's really has me thinking.

I'm jealous! Really like your awesome build. How are you liking the Cobra,and Ranchos? I am thinking about getting toe 7000's. Also, did you have to do anything for spare tire when installed? Someone told me I need a relocate bracket, but I think that is only needed if you are running a bumper. I have the Rubi wheels like yours and going to make the jump to 35's. Really leaning towards an aggressive AT like the KO2 or Toyo Xtreme's, HOWEVER seeing yours with the MT's really has me thinking.

Hey buddy thanks alot. The cobra has been great so far. If there are any flaws, its probably a tuning issue, nit a hardware issue. Lol. Love the ranchos. I did the 9k just for the adjustability. I have them set sort of soft because they Toyos are super stiff. They perform pretty awesome but are E rated. I may look for a D rated next time, idk. The spare works great on the factory carrier so long as your using the high backspacing of the factory wheel. I still want an aftermarket carrier just because of the weight of this tire. The downfall to they way i have it is that with the factory wheel and carrier, the tire sits between the frame rails just enough at the bottom that i cannot put on the EVO fascia because the tire is in the way. One of those brackets that raise it would fix that but would also increase leverage on the gate by moving the tire away from the jeep.

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Matt I'll have to say referring to the leak on the top being that I have 2 dr prolly not much help but mine does leak sometimes on the b pillar
I think it has to do with how tight I make the side panels in your case I say like you said do the weather stripping

Matt I'll have to say referring to the leak on the top being that I have 2 dr prolly not much help but mine does leak sometimes on the b pillar
I think it has to do with how tight I make the side panels in your case I say like you said do the weather stripping

Ive tried everything. Even the header doesnt seal correctly. The guy has been understanding though, and ill be going to get my trektop back shortly. :D:thumbup:

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
Ive tried everything. Even the header doesnt seal correctly. The guy has been understanding though, and ill be going to get my trektop back shortly. :D:thumbup:

10-4 can't you get an aftermarket top that still maintains factory look

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
The downfall to they way i have it is that with the factory wheel and carrier, the tire sits between the frame rails just enough at the bottom that i cannot put on the EVO fascia because the tire is in the way. One of those brackets that raise it would fix that but would also increase leverage on the gate by moving the tire away from the jeep.

Joy, I have a relocate bracket on the factory carrier and was fixing to relocate the tag to the center of the spare and cut off the 3rd brake light stalk. I was hoping to not need the relocate bracket anymore by doing that but I also have the EVO fascia. Guess I'll try it before I get rid of the relocate bracket. Lol.

Joy, I have a relocate bracket on the factory carrier and was fixing to relocate the tag to the center of the spare and cut off the 3rd brake light stalk. I was hoping to not need the relocate bracket anymore by doing that but I also have the EVO fascia. Guess I'll try it before I get rid of the relocate bracket. Lol.
I havent tried but just looking across the top of the frame rails, the tire is in the way. I do love my plate relocate tho. Includes all the lighting as well.

Top Bottom