MedixJK build thread

WJCO

Meme King
Send pics of your brake lines so we can see the bends. Why did you bend them? What are you working on?

That would appear to be right, but logically it makes no sense. How would you ship, store, and bring home a nearly 12' hard brake line? I'm not picking holes in your story, but it just seems incorrect that a hard line the length of the vehicle would be 1 piece.
Oh your not shooting holes in MY story lol, i have no clue if it is or isnt. I hope its not. Im just saying it looks like it in the picture...

Edit: but your right, makes no sense at all

WJCO

Meme King
Look at post #543

Ouch. What may be cheaper and easier is to buy a flaring kit tool and learn how to repair it yourself. I haven't done it in years, but I would think there would be youtube videos on it. It's a lot of work running new lines.

Ouch. What may be cheaper and easier is to buy a flaring kit tool and learn how to repair it yourself. I haven't done it in years, but I would think there would be youtube videos on it. It's a lot of work running new lines.
Sucks huh? Lol. They may not break, but i feel like they will so im just going to prepare for it. Problem is i know nothing about brakes. You tube may help. Its my DD so i need a definate solution.

WJCO

Meme King
Sucks huh? Lol. They may not break, but i feel like they will so im just going to prepare for it. Problem is i know nothing about brakes. You tube may help. Its my DD so i need a definate solution.

Flaring is merely manipulating the end of the tube into a proper fitting and the tool kind of does the work. Then it's just a matter of bleeding the brakes to get the air out. A 2nd person helps with this a ton. Truthfully though, if you don't feel safe doing brake work by yourself, it's not worth messing with.

When you bend them back, try to keep pressure away from the part of the tube that has the steepest bend. Are any of the bent parts rubbing on anything? Especially the one that is going into that fitting that is bent at 90 degrees? If not, it may be fine to just leave it alone, as long as it won't snag on anything.

Flaring is merely manipulating the end of the tube into a proper fitting and the tool kind of does the work. Then it's just a matter of bleeding the brakes to get the air out. A 2nd person helps with this a ton. Truthfully though, if you don't feel safe doing brake work by yourself, it's not worth messing with.

When you bend them back, try to keep pressure away from the part of the tube that has the steepest bend. Are any of the bent parts rubbing on anything? Especially the one that is going into that fitting that is bent at 90 degrees? If not, it may be fine to just leave it alone, as long as it won't snag on anything.
The one thing ive kinda messed with before is bleeding brakes. Never on my jeep though. That part doesnt really worry me much. Ill try anything myself. Especially if it isnt very expensive lol. Thats how you learn right?

No, no rubbing. Theyre kinda bent for clearence now lol. Just worries me to wheel that way because theyre so exposed now so i wanna fix that up.

Crisis avoided i think. A guy i know owns a shop and i called him about the break line repair. He said its no nig deal at all and to go ahead and order the braided lines (which i should have already), bring them in. Then he would cut out the bent sections, splice in new tube pieces and run the braided lines all at once. Question is, with new hard tubes going in, where should i have him route them...

WJCO

Meme King
The one thing ive kinda messed with before is bleeding brakes. Never on my jeep though. That part doesnt really worry me much.

Yeah, I know, right? No big deal if you fuck up bleeding brakes on your buddy's rig. :cheesy:

Crisis avoided i think. A guy i know owns a shop and i called him about the break line repair. He said its no nig deal at all and to go ahead and order the braided lines (which i should have already), bring them in. Then he would cut out the bent sections, splice in new tube pieces and run the braided lines all at once. Question is, with new hard tubes going in, where should i have him route them...

That's good to hear about your buddy helping you out. I think Frank did some mod where he ran part of the line inside the frame or something.

That's good to hear about your buddy helping you out. I think Frank did some mod where he ran part of the line inside the frame or something.
yea im kinda stoked about it. Yes Frank ran his down through the frame, but as ill have custom runs made, i didnt know if there was a better way to run them or if that was still the optimal way. Maybe Frank will chime in.

jkwebbie

What kind of new brake lines did you get? I'm thinking about getting Crown braided lines

Got this in the mail to tie up up one of my loose ends... figured it doesnt cost that much compared to some so might as well.

Attachments

• 1456874250590.jpg
    1456874250590.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 144
It's a good looking cover. I just did one on my 30.

Yea i mean, i know i can get a oem for cheap, grind it down and itll work fine im sure... but for not having to mess with it and have a little bolt protection too, i figured why not beef it up just a bit.

Top Bottom